Sunday, September 24, 2017

Some Fall Finishes on a Slow Sunday Stitching...

Fall officially arrived on Thursday...Mother Nature  didn't get the message and cranked the temps up to 90... thank goodness for AC. Nevertheless, I have persevered and pull out all my pumpkins... there is orange-y goodness every where you look ... and I have my favorite Spiced Pumpkin Yankee Candle burning...let the leaves commence falling!!


So a lot of what I displayed was pretty close to last year..and the year before...and the year before... so I'm only showing what is new this year. If you want to see what I did the other years just type Fall decor in the Search box in the upper left hand corner of the blog... you'll see it all whether you want to or not...LOL

Let us begin...


Love the quilt... love the tray...love the cat!!!

The quilt I made in 2014. I started with a panel with the birds and then improv'd pieced the filler blocks. All of the fabrics are from Sandy Gervais' Fall collections... love her Fall stuff!!!

A closer pic of the 3 tier tray...


This year the tray has new cross stitch accents... I shamelessly stole the idea from Priscilla's blog...which you can check out here.

First, this cute Lizzie Kate Autumn piece from the chart Seasons...



I'm gaga over the different framing/display ideas that Priscilla shows... I've been buying those clipboard stands whenever I see them and I really like this one as it came with the burlap.  I mounted the stitching to sticky board and made a "frame" for it by mounting fabric (Sandy Gervais stuff) to sticky board.  I topped it off with some wired burlap ribbon and some cotton bolls.   I have noticed that Priscilla uses lots of cotton and it does "fluff" the piece nicely.

Also in the tray is a little Lizzie Kate Snippets piece Autumn ABC's. I stitched this years ago and never did anything with it because I didn't know what I wanted to do with it. Glad I waited, as I like this finishing a lot.



And this is my newest finish, Prairie Schooler's Autumn from the chart Prairie Seasons. I got this chart as a reprint.




I have no recollection of where I got that shallow fluted metal tray  but I found in it my stash of decorating bits and pieces and it worked out perfectly. Again I took my cues from Priscilla and mounted the stitching and the back frame on sticky board... added some burlap ribbon and some woven Fall-ish ribbon (notice the polka dots) and added a bit of cotton. I plan on stitching all 4 of the season from the PS chart and this is going to be a perfect  way to display them.

Here's where it resides right now... this is the lower part of my TV cabinet... and yes that mercury glass pumpkin on the bottom is enormous...LOL



And this is my newest pumpkin purchase... a square polka dot pumpkin!!! I picked it up at Hobby Lobby...




Fall is my favorite season and I LOVE decorating for Fall. I collect pumpkins...along with snowmen and birds and chickens... and I'm trying to be selective in an additions to my collections... because... I'm running out of space!!  But for a particularly cute item I  find a spot.  My son did a count of how many pumpkins I have in the house the other day...he came up with  50... I thought I had more...hmmmm... perhaps a bit more shopping won't hurt...LOL


I'll be linking up with Kathy's Quilts today and Super Mom - No Cape tomorrow. I have a quiet day this Sunday...we're doing carry out for dinner so no cooking for me. Perhaps I can get a bit more done on my Halloween stitching. I want to put out my Halloween decorations starting October 1  which I just realized is next Sunday....gotta stitch faster!!!

happy stitching-
carol fun

16 comments:

  1. Love your Sandy Gervais quilt, her fall collections are always the best. Adorable stitchery and clever mounting and displays. Lots of great fall colors in your place! I haven't bought any pumpkins yet but am looking forward to having them on the porch for decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing your seasonal displays. Where did you find the tiered trays?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall display is breathtaking!! I ADORE the quilt!!! THe colors, the birds, it's truly amazing. Your display and stiches are great but that quilt steals the show!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your fall display tour. What a gorgeous quilt with the fall colors and birds! Your stitch pieces are super and I really like how you finished them off. Oh my goodness, your pumpkins make me smile. How do you store your seasonal items?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love the way your house is looking. Everything from the quilt to all the pumpkins and the stitching. It is all wonderful. Priscilla does have some wonderful ideas and she is so generous sharing them. You have done a great job on your own. I am starting to put the Halloween things up. It takes me several days to get it all up and we will be gone for a bit the beginning of October so I want it all up first. I will do Fall right after Halloween. This certainly is a great time of year for those of us who like to do seasonal decorating!! Thanks for sharing all your lovely things!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we all want to steal the tiered tray idea from Priscilla's blog. I love what you have done with your tray. That vignette that you assembled is just perfect for Autumn. I really like your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't bring myself to decorate for fall yet--it's just too hot!! Hopefully by the end of the week it will have cooled down enough to think about it. Your place looks fab! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the bird quilt! No words other than wow! All your fall stitching and decorating is wonderful Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have any fall decorations out yet. Maybe I will get the pumpkins out this week. I love all your little fall stitcheries! They are a nice addition to your displays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about the fall display...now if the weather would start to actually feel like autumn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Fall display is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your display looks wonderful! I really love that fluted grey 'frame' - it really sets off your work nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You crack me up...50 pumpkins cannot be enough! Always enjoy getting a tour of your decorating endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun peek into your fall decorating! I love that galvanized tiered stand.

    It's so neat to see how you took inspiration from a fellow blogger to create your own unique finishes for your stitcheries.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com