Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chosen in the 3rd round....



I spent today sewing on my quilt for the Crazy Mama Quilts QAL and this little cutie was chosen in the 3rd round. I'm having a great time with this project although I have rechecked my math a dozen times. It seems like I have too many blocks cut but I've checked and rechecked and rechecked and it should come out ok. I know that rounds 4 and 5 will take a lot of blocks. I'm trying to space out the novelty prints and the brighter ones but as I sew I sometimes just grab a block and add it. When I look at the top with my glasses off (I'm very very nearsighted) it blurs the whole thing and it appears that the colors are scattered nicely.



Now I should be working on several other projects. I have a quilt for my youngest son that is all sewn and pin basted and it has been sitting in a basket for weeks. And I promised him a new pillowcase too with some cool dragon fabric I found at Waynesville. I need to put this QAL on hold and switch over and finish his quilt. I even have the binding all made and ready to go and it is going to be an all machine stitched project. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be a better mother and work on his quilt. It really shouldn't take too long.

I spent last evening cross stitching on the BBD Mystery sampler and realized that while I had "finished" sections 4 and 5 there were quite a few stitches missing here and there. You know a stitch for one bird eye here and a flower center there. I'm trying to pick them up and truly finish these sections.

Happy stitching!

carol fun

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great! I've been saving the directions for this one but I just can't start on it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at you go. :-) Having fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw your comment on crazymomquilts post, and i had to come check it out. i love the idea of only using one color! it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com