Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Sampler for a rainy Sunday

Oh the days do fly by! It is Sunday again and I have another sampler to share on this rainy Sunday. This one is The Brown House Sampler by The Middle Row.



I was totally smitten by the tulip border on this piece and I love how the alphabet wraps around. I stitched this on a pretty rose colored even weave and like most of my samplers it just has a simple wood frame. I also like the addition of the bird on the tulip and the orange tabby cat. He reminds me of our previous cat - such a good cat, a cat with a dog like personality.



I've been bouncing back and forth on different projects this week. I got some knitting done but I don't have a matching pair of socks finished yet. I worked a bit on my wonky butterfly quilt and finally got ALL the fabric back on the shelves. And I did a little cross stitch too. I received the final installment of the BBD AotH series and I do love the final bonus chart. I think this will motivate me to pick that project back up for the summer.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

7 comments:

  1. A really great sampler Carol - never heard of the designer I'll have to look her up on the net. We lucked out and had several rainless hours to work outside this morning...but now the rain has returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you are coming from this past week. I have bounced from one to another too. At least everything is getting a little progress lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very pretty sampler Carol. I too like the way the alphabet wraps around. I hope you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, that is one of the prettiest samplers I have ever seen! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous socks--love your "Easter Socks" story. :)

    Love your Bowties from Down the Street--Yellow! :D

    Great Khat-inspired sunday sampler. :)

    Your Zombie Blood socks are looking great! :D Also, the country flower sampler is so pretty and seasonal~!

    Carol's Crazy Kitty Cottages--lol@ cat lingerie! :D Purrfect!

    love the Brown House sampler--is that a lantern I see in the corner? perfect. :)

    Lately I've been piecing my first quilt...and now it's time to do the machine quilting. It's a table-top, but I just don't know how to pick the "pattern" to quilt into it. I think it's called a "fancy"? Heh. I need to stop procrastinating and get going! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautifull!
    Fredrikke :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty sampler! I've never heard of this designer but the piece is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com