Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Woolly Wednesday

As I bid adieu to Soctober I give you my final pair of socks on this Woolly Wednesday... and aren't these electric?



This is another of the Opal sock yarns called Antonia Hand-dyed. There are 3 shades of purple and one shade of orange in this skein. I went down to 60 stitches for this pair to see how it would impact the pooling and the striping. On the first sock (the one on the left) I found that on the leg the colors pooled in an undulating stripe down the leg. Once I turned the heel, the yarn made rings/stripes of color around the foot. Interesting. On the second sock, as I expected I got rings/stripes of color around the leg part and then after I turned the heel I was surprised that I got the undulating striping again. Very curious.

In any case I love these socks! The surprising pattern of the color playing out kept me totally entranced for the entire pair. And here are how they look on my feet -


Sorry for the pathetically pale legs. I tried to crop out as much as possible.  So for the month of Socktober I completed 2 1/2 pairs of socks - 2 complete pair and 1 additional mate-less sock. That's pretty good production for me. So now that November is upon us, I have to consider what I want to knit next. There are several single socks that would like to meet their "sole" mate.... and my son could always use another pair of the big black boring socks....there are several shawls that are calling my name. Tune in later in the week and see what I end up starting. I'll be as surprised as you - LOL!

happy stitching and knitting!
carol fun



9 comments:

  1. Love the socks!

    I can't wait to see what you start knitting next week. :)

    I happen to be ill....I've got the cross stitch bug! Yeah, I know, I've pushed my crochet hooks and knitting needles aside for now and have picked up my needle....

    Hugs and blessings always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! This is why people wear socks with sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those! No apology needed for pale legs--that is healthy skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That orange is perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your socks are very chic. I'm making a scarf that sort of resembles those colors. Very Halloweeny so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some very happy feet! Honestly, I think the world would be a much happier place if everyone made and wore such amazing socks. Who knew that socks were the the answer! I love that you never know what to expect when you are knitting these up - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com