Sunday, December 29, 2013

Staying small on Slow Stitching Sunday

Since finishing my Blackbird Designs Anniversaries of the Heart last week, I decided that I should do some small stitching for a change so I'll be able to experience a finish in less than 3 years. To that end I started another BBD piece, just much smaller...



This is A Stitcher's Companion from the book Honeysuckle Manor. It will finish about 5" square. The pictures washed out the color of the fabric. It is a soft pink-y peach and is an unidentified linen from my stash. Likewise the floss is also nameless. I found it tossed in the bottom of a basket. It changes from a light rose to a dark rose and occasionally some copper spots.

And I stitched up this little piece which is the start of a new collection for me -- Christmas ornaments that have deer on them.


This is about 3" X 3.5" and is from the Prairie Schooler. I loved the deer and it seems appropriate for my new house as the neighborhood I live in is called Deer Park. A very accurate name, as we have a ton of deer. Every evening there are at several groups that wander through - sometimes as many as five in a group. Now I assume they come from the next neighborhood -Amberly Village- which has a lot more wooded area. My neighborhood was built in the 1950's. Small yards with the houses close together. I've already been warned that the deer are ravenous, so instead of planting tulips, which they consider a delicacy, I planted daffodils - about 120 of them. I can't wait to see how they bloom in the spring.

I dated this one 2013 and plan to do another deer themed ornament next year and the year after that and the year after that and the year after that.... you get the picture - LOL!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

10 comments:

  1. I have this one started too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice is must be to live in a neighborhood full of wild life. I'm guessing you're not a vegetable gardner! Love the red you chose for Stitchers Companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that PS finish. What a great theme for your stitching in your new home.
    Love the BBD start too!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute ornament. I can't see well enough to do xstitch on linen anymore. You must have good eyes or do you use a magnifier? (I could never get the hang of using a magnifier.)

    I live in the country in IA and we have LOTS of deer here that eat all my flowers. They especially love my roses and fruit trees, darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your deer ornament. We have a herd that frequents our yard too. Great start on the BBD piece. Wishing you a wonderful new year in your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Blackbird Designs, they look timeless. Cute deer too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything BBD and PS!! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful variegated thread for your new project!
    And a deer ornament collection sounds like a "must-have" for your home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com