Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Working away on Wednesday

I had a bit of time to sew and decided to work on some more of the blocks for Lori Holt's Quilty Fun QAL. Now I am still missing a couple of weeks but I'm not as far behind as I was.


Looking at all these blocks together is showing me that somehow I made this a very busy quilt. I'm pretty sure it is that background that is contributing to this vibe. I hadn't planned on making a busy quilt, but then I never do, and yet somehow almost all of mine are a bit on the crazy side.

Here is my version of Lori's tulips.


The trees are growing nicely -- isn't that green lovely? Makes me think of Spring.


And these are the chubby chevrons. I was able to work in a bit of fussy cutting with that teddy bear.


I have a twist I want to add to this quilt but I'm not that far yet. I'm thinking this quilt will look great in my living room this summer. I'm hoping to switch out the slipcovers on the sofa and my comfy chair and use several quilts made with ,more of my American Jane fabrics to decorate the room. But before I get to the summer decorating I need to spend time on my Spring decorating ideas. I am determined that the beginning of March will find Spring inside my home even if it isn't outside.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

7 comments:

  1. I love them, I think they look great. I was reading an article on someone's blog the other day about how not all backgrounds have to be solids - I think it was sarahquilts. I agree, a patterned background can look great. You could always add very thin sashing lines (1/4 or 1/2 inch thick) afterwards in one of the bright solid colours from the quilt if you're not happy with it,.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another quilt with fun and happy colors! It will look wonderful in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are adorable with those perfect green fabrics. I think this has just the right amount of busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks look wonderful,I love those chevrons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com