Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Hallowiener!!!

               HAPPY HALLOWENIER!!!!




These guys are guarding my front door in anticipation of the arrival of treat or treaters tonight... in the past I've gotten tons of kids as I live in a neighborhood that is flat, with sidewalks ,and houses that are close together... ideal for good haul of candy. Tonight it may be a bit rainy and cool so we'll see how many show up.

And to celebrate Halloween inside I have this quilt finished...please excuse the bad photo...had to take it indoors...



another Giant Vintage Star from Jeni Baker's tutorial which you can find here. This makes the 4th one of these I've done. The fabrics for a 5th one are on my cutting table... a Christmas version done in red and green and aqua and pink...ooohh kinda girly for me!

I was able to use a variety of Halloween fabrics from my stash... some new and some vintage. This piece is from last year. A dear friend made a tote bag with it and I had to have it...love the labels!


And this one is new too... check out the Frankenstein, and the witch and the skeletons...


This one is vintage...the scale of these guys is large and it isn't always easy to use them in a quilt but this one was perfect!


And here I have new and old... the green Wizard of Oz/Wicked piece is new and those jack-o-lanterns are old... I remember they are Alexander Henry...funny how I can remember that but can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday...LOL


Terry Finnerty, The Walking Needle,  my long arm quilter used an all over Halloween panto on this one... see the broom and the cat?


Well I hope that whatever candy you have left over tonight is the stuff you like!!!


Happy Halloween!

carol fun

6 comments:

  1. Love the quilt. Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your star--so cute--have fun tonight..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carol, I do love the quilt. The close-ups of the fabrics make it even more fun to look at and enjoy!! A very Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I LOVE the Halloween version. You must stop now! (How many times have I said that?!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and festive Halloween post. I love your Halloween Star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ mua hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ order hàng mỹ hay nhận mua nước hoa pháp từ website nổi tiếng hàng đầu nước Mỹ mua hàng ebay ship về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com