Sunday, April 17, 2016

A new spot to sit and stitch on Slow Stitching Sunday...

Remember last week when I hoped for some April heat???  What was I thinking???  Today it is 81 degrees... in Ohio... in April... what is July gonna be like??? It was a productive week for cross stitching. I attribute this the fact the baseball has started... my beloved Cincinnati Reds have been on TV several evenings and since I listen to baseball more than I watch it I've gotten a lot of stitching done.


I'm trying to outline some of the big sections that have a lot of solid stitching... these are good parts to work on when I watch Grantchester or Mr. Selfridge... I watch the British shows with the close captioning on my TV so I can understand the words without the accents. No-thinking stitching is good for these shows.   I figure I'm about a third of the way done as the bottom half of the graph is way more dense than the top half of the graph.

And I have a new spot to sit and stitch .... my front porch...


Sorry it isn't a great picture ... I should have taken it this morning when I was sitting out there. The porch faces  west so it is in the shade early in the day and in the sunlight after about 3pm. I found the chairs at Costco, the little orange table at Home Depot and the cushions, foot stool, pineapple candle and rug at Target... I LOVE Target!! The outdoor carpet really makes it seem like a room... kinda like a screen porch. I might add roll down bamboo shades for the afternoon sun and that would make it seem even more like a room...glad I thought of it!  About the only thing I miss from my other house is the screen porch and my garden... I'm trying to recreate that in this house.  The shaggy shadow is the Boston ferns I bought today. It is still too early to plant pots and window boxes but I am sooooo looking forward to it. I saw some annuals today that were so pretty... little pinky purply and yellow petunias called Superbells  Holy Moly! by Proven Winner.






Now I'm pretty certain that these little darlings will break my heart the way the yellow and white ones did last year but I think I'm falling for them anyway. At least this year I don't have to run all over the place looking for my latest obsession in petunias... I saw these at Meijer's garden center... a local chain kinda like Walmart. Meijer's has a great garden department... good prices and good selection. I got a lot of stuff there last year and plan to get a lot this year too.

I'm linking up with Kathy's Quilts today and Super Mom - No Cape tomorrow.... off to fire up the grill for dinner... steaks...yum yum yum!

happy stitching-
carol fun

13 comments:

  1. Nice progress on your PS piece! Love the petunias you featured. I really like your new stitching spot. It looks very welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cozy spot to stitch. Makes me wish my front porch was bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you would love the bamboo shades. My parents used to drape them over their pergola with great success. Those are some pretty petunias. I never have luck with petunias. Love the PS stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your porch. Also a great place to have your morning coffee and plan your day. The petunias are so pretty. I will have to look for them. I think the weather has gone crazy. We are in the 80's tomorrow. Normal is the low 60's. We just saw a man about AC. People up here say you don't need it but after last summer, they are crazy! I forget how many over 90 degrees days we had. Way too many for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place to sit, stitch, and plan your day with a cuppa. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the petunias. I've never seen any like that. Your porch looks like a terrific place to sit and stitch on your piece, which is coming along nicely. desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your new stitching spot. I like to get up in the morning and stitch on my front porch. It faces south so morning is the only time that works. In the afternoons I switch to my north facing backyard deck that is always in the shade of our two-story house. Your stitching is very pretty. A great chart for the hot weather that you are experiencing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cozy stitching spot, enjoy the warm weather we all know it doesn't last too long. Love your stitching on your WIP and those flowers are so unusal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your porch looks very inviting to stitch--enjoy before it gets too hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cross stitch and adore your porch. You have a good eye for decoration. Those petunias are lovely, I've never seen them before, will have to see if we can get them in Australia. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chairs, table, footstool, shade - you are well set up for your stitching while sitting on your porch in the shade. And such pretty little petunias!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finally getting around to visiting the Slow Sunday Stitching links...
    I am so jealous of you sitting outside to do your stitching.
    The weather here is much too cold still :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your patriot cross stitch is really coming along. It's going to be lovely when it's finished.

    We're having weird spring weather here too! I've been looking at all the flowers at the garden centers but I'm holding off until I'm sure that we're not going to get a late frost.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and the link back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com