Sunday, February 17, 2019

Looking for motivation on a Slow Stitching Sunday...

It is gray outside ... and rainy... and cold... and I do not like it one bit!!! insert stompy foot... Yesterday was cold but sunny... I can take the cold if it is sunny... these gray days just get me down...and now I've got the Carpenters running through my head singing "rainy days and Mondays always get me down"... and it isn't even Monday yet!  Need to focus on something sunnier... like I did last week when I got to sit on my sunroom porch and stitch with the Dude.

And this is what I got done last week... first is this Lizzie Kate piece from Spring Smalls...



This is on 32 ct I painted ... it is softer in real life with more yellow showing... I'm so frustrated with the color on my pictures ...grrr... I changed all the thread colors and used DMC... it is very Spring-y!


And I stitched a second Lizzie Kate, Spring String...


This is on 28ct and I changed all the colors on this too... some close ups...





Now to get them FFO'd ...when I get some motivation... sigh...

I finished up the Spring String yesterday evening and didn't have anything else ready to go so I picked up Good Deeds by With Thy Needle & Thread...



 I started this one last Spring and set it aside...



I got the leaves done on this first of the 4 giant tulips.... nice repetitive stitching... and on the subject of With Thy Needle & Thread, have you seen the pieces she's bringing to market next month?... check them out here... oh there are some wonderful pieces... I LOVE the bunny with the gigantic head ... and the new hoop series ... and the sampler ... and the sewing basket... oh I LOVE everything she designs... such talent.  And if you want to see some other stuff coming to the Nashville Market check out the newsletter from The Attic...you can read it here. 

So I was thinking this morning that I'd get the threads together for the April chart from Hands on Designs A Year of Celebrations... and I looked EVERYWHERE for the piece of yellow and tangerine linen I painted for this piece about 2 weeks ago... I even straightened up my craft desk and it is no where to be found... where did a piece of linen walk off too?   OMG... it just hit me... the piece of linen I painted for April is the piece of linen I stitched the LK Spring on.... no wonder I can't find it... I already used it... arghhh... I've done this before ... sometimes I actually write in the selvedge with a pigma pen what project the linen is for ... so I won't forget... and use it for something else... like this... Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!!

Maybe I'll go downstairs and sew a bit... I need to get the borders on my Moda Love quilt and I want to play with a Spring-y wall quilt design for my living room. Don't have any plans for the rest of the 3 day weekend. Did dinner last evening with my son and daughter-in- law and we are going to see the play Hamilton on Tuesday... and perhaps I should get out of my pajamas... maybe that will motivate me ... but the pajamas sure are cozy...

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today and if I do get motivated I'll post some quilt pictures tomorrow... I saw that David of Quilting by David has quilted my Hot & Cold Running String quilt... you can see it pic of it here... it looks great, should be back home by Wednesday.

Hope your week isn't gray and rainy... that's the forecast here for the week...  need to go play with some pretty colors ... 

happy stitching-
carol fun 

6 comments:

  1. Glad I’m not the only one who loses my mind sometimes...
    Still very wintery here. We were out ice skating today.
    You are ready for spring....me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloomy and rainy here too...but I don't mind it. I like rainy days....as long as I don't have to go out in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some sun today and went for a walk. I love the fabric that you painted. Those Lizzie Kate designs look great on it. Good Deeds is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cold and more snow here today. Your spring stitching cheered me up!! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your spring stitches look great. Good for you on getting some leaves stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Spring things make me anxious for that time of year. I love the colors you get on your fabrics! We were hit with by far the most snow we have seen since we moved here 15 years ago. Our schools were out all week and we were stuck in for almost 6 days. We have snow so rarely that the area does not have nearly enough plows for a big event. Plus I had 2 daffodils blooming. They are buried under all the snow! I think it is time for winter to GO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com