Sunday, February 24, 2019

Where I need to hop to it on Slow Stitching Sunday...

February will end this week... after a 76 day January, February seemed a bit shorter with only 55 days... didn't it seem that way to you???  I am officially over winter... and cold ... and rain... oh my goodness, so much rain. Today the sun has finally broken through the clouds but boy it is windy... whistling around the house like a train...glad I took my outdoor flag down or it would probably be about 3 towns over by now.

Well last week was semi-productive but a bit of it was boring/non-blog worthy productivity. I hemmed pants ... pants for my son and pants for me... glad to get that off my guilt list. And I straightened up my sewing studio a bit, only to mess it up again, but I did get around to re-covering my ironing board... something I've been telling myself I'll do for at least 3 months...

Here's a kinda glamour shot  with cute pincushions and fun chicken tray...




The fabrics are American Jane that I've been hoarding... gonna use them and enjoy them...and here is a working pic...

Isn't that chicken tray cute?  It was a Christmas gift from my son.  Love it!!

And I made the binding for my Hot and Cold Running Strings quilt which you can see here... I got it back from Quilting by David and it looks WONDERFUL!!!... he actually used it as a background for advertising his business on Instagram... I am quite flattered... you can see that here...  I will  show I pic of the completed quilt when I get it bound and washed...hopefully later this week.

I moved on to some cross stitch... got a bit more done on Good Deeds by With Thy Needle & Thread...


These are the tallest tulips I have ever seen... next I can move onto the lady with the big skirt...which I have decided it Brenda Gervais signature design element... ladies in BIG skirts and BIG headed snowmen and bunnies.... I am so looking forward to her new releases at Market next week... I've counted like 10 new designs she has coming out and I want ALL of them. There are a couple of bunnies and samplers and some patriotic... so much I want to stitch...need more hours in a day!

On Tuesday when the mail came this chart from Prairie Schooler hopped through the slot...


This is PS No. 178  Bunnies... I purchased it on an Etsy site and it said it was OOP... it is not OOP... you can get it lots of places... now I didn't pay anymore for it than I would have from 123 Stitch but I am annoyed when sellers say things that just aren't true. Anyway they are just so stinking CUTE!!!

So far I've stitched up two... him...



and her...



This is 32 ct linen and while the background color does look great in this photos it isn't true... it is closer to DMC 502...


I changed all of the floss colors to work with the background and I like how cheerful they are... I hope to do a couple more and add them to my Easter display. And speaking of displays... I hope to break out the Spring stuff later this week/early next week... bright tulips and some bunnies and some daffodils and some little chicks... I don't believe Mother Nature is planning on providing any real Spring for a while, but I can create it in my house. I've picked up some darling new decor pieces in the last couple of weeks. I really need to stop watching shopping videos on youtube... Auntie Coo Coo is my favorite but there are others too... strolls down the aisle of Micheals and Hobby Lobby and Joanns and Target and Walmart... such temptations... and I can resist anything but temptation...LOL  It will be fun to mix my cross stitch in with the decorating pieces.  Stay tuned...

On the knitting front I didn't finish any socks this week but I did FINALLY get around to blocking two shawls that have been complete for months... blocking is not a favorite activity of mine but it needs to be done ... I feel the same way about putting on borders and bindings...and FFO'ing cross stitch... necessary activities but not fun... so I hauled out all my blocking paraphernalia and got it done...

First is my second rendition of  the Stormy Sky shawl... a free pattern on Ravelry that you can see  here. 


The yarn is Misti Alpaca and the color way is  Treasure ... I LOVE this pattern and yarn combination... like I said this is my second rendition of this and I've got a third one on my needles. 

And this shawl pattern is Touchstone which is also a free pattern that you can see here...



The yarn is The Fibre Studio at Yarns to Dye for Fifty Shades of Gradient in the Natahala colorway. I have a bunch of gradient yarns in my stash and will probably knit this again too.  Hey, when I like something I LIKE it a LOT!!! I'm glad I got these blocked... while I'm longing for Spring there is still plenty of time to wear both of these shawls.

So what's on the agenda for the upcoming week... lots and lots of running around and being out of the house... I have something on my calendar every single day...  and why is it when the week is filled with stuff that takes me out of the house, it is the time I REALLY want to do things at home... I need to book myself into a week long staycation where I don't go out...except to eat dinner ... I like going out to dinner... A LOT!  LOL...

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today ... don't think I'll have anything quilty to show on Monday... maybe next week...

Here's hoping your week and my week will have some creative time ..

happy stitching-
carol fun



4 comments:

  1. So nice to have a new ironing board cover. I always wait too long to make a new one too. I am ready for spring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best ironing board I have ever seen. I might even enjoy ironing on it!!! The bunnies are so cute!I do love your colors. I am waiting a bit to do Spring. Our weather has been pretty awful. We got the biggest snow ever(schools out all week), now it is just plain cold and windy. I can't get into the spring mood as yet. But the snow stuff is coming down. Maybe they are bad omens!! I am looking forward to your displays you always do a terrific job!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree that Chicken dish is adorable. I LOVE that ironing board, perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shawls are beautiful. I have that Prairie Schooler pattern and duh! Never thought of stitching on a different color. Been avoiding because I don’t like stitching on black. Thanks for the share and the idea. Adding that color fabric to my shopping list for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com