Sunday, October 6, 2019

Halloween Happenings on Slow Sunday Stitching...

Hello all ... well Fall has finally arrived!!! Hallelujah!!!  Friday is was a a cool 70 degrees... Saturday it did get up to 79 but there was a nice breeze... I turned off the AC (take that Duke Energy) and opened all the windows... it got so cool overnight on Friday I had to get out of bed and shut a couple... didn't mind that at all... and the cooler weather has definitely energized me... that along with the 2 hour nap I took on the porch the other day... wow is that couch comfortable... LOL

I had planned on getting my Halloween decorations out starting Monday... but I didn't actually start until Friday and really got into gear last night... I have everything out and I'm happy with the arrangements... I did keep out the pumpkins but I removed all the squirrels... I changed out the cross stitch pieces and added plenty of witches' hats and spiders and ghosts and ravens... so without further ado here are some pictures... LOTS of pictures... grab a beverage and find a comfy chair...

Let's start with the wall quilt... my favorite Halloween quilt at the moment...


88 different fabrics... a charm quilt... and the 3 tier tray...



a mix of Lizzie Kate and Prairie Schooler with assorted spiders and gourdy guys.

On the TV cabinet... first my October installment in the Hands on Design A Year of Celebration...

"priscillafied" it with ribbon and a sparkly bat... and on the other side of the cabinet some vintage looking  tchotchkes... 



aren't those giant candy corn pieces wonderful?  I saw them on an Auntie Coo coo youtube video and had to have them...

By the front door...

my Gourdy Guys wreath and Lizzie Kate Boo Club....



Over to the small yellow display chest...


I anchored it with a mini quilt featuring witches hats... here's a pic of just the quilt...



 Love the Lizzie Kate Halloween ABCs... and the little piece as I remember is a Lizzie Kate freebie, but I don't remember where I found it... darn...



And the BIG display... stuffed full of Halloweenie goodies...




At the top is my Spooky Row from Bent Creek, flanked by witches' hats...


for some reason I have a LOT of witches hats... hmmm... perhaps there is something to that saying if the hat fits... LOL.. the close up shows some witches legs I stuck into a sparkly broom...

On the shelf below,  I have one of my newest finishes (although the actual stitching was done eons ago)... Nevermore a Lizzie Kate freebie.. here's a close up ...


The Prarire Schooler Trick or Treat was fun to stitch... I loved  doing the faces of the trick or treaters in color versus the called for black... I think it adds a lot of life to this piece.



Next shelf has a mercury glass pumpkin along with Matilda Hornbuckle from Not Forgotten Farms...



And the bottom display shelf has two Brenda Gervais, With Thy Needle & Thread pumpkin headed girls... on the left is the one I did last year called Trick or Treat...




and on the right this year's gal called Boo to You...

And last but not least... The Drawn Thread Halloween piece I talked about last week... this is from her latest chart Little Bits of Halloween... I just stitched the word... used DMC and went with brighter shades of green/purple/orange... 28 ct linen... and Opalescent I overdyed with Tangerine Rit Dye... I was so happy that the sparkles still shown through...


The little bats around the A are satin stitched and the body of the spider is a button...clever little touches, dontcha think?

Yes I have packed a whole lot into a small space... I thought about doing some Halloween out on the sunroom porch but decided to wait till next year... I'd like a couple of larger cross stitch pieces to anchor a display and there are several calling my name... it gives me a goal ... along with the idea of making a couple more smaller throw sized Halloween quilts... would be a good use of my stash... another idea I should make a note of... I have lots and lots and lots of notes...LOL

Later today I want to put out my Halloween inflatables in my yard... I got a new wiener dog with a cape and a cute little witch... I'm not into the scary stuff...just want stuff that brings a smile to your face... but at the moment it is raining... yeah!! I can't wait on the inflatables... we so need some rain...

And we are doing dinner tonight at my house... I made lasagna... a family favorite...

As always I have lots of plans for next week... I want to get going on my Christmas Quilty Stars quilt since my deadline is the beginning of November for that one... and I'm going to get the binding on my son's Quilty Star quilt... David at Quilting by David did a great job on it... and there is more cross stitch I want to get to... like you guys I will never run out of projects...

Hope everyone has a great week ahead...I wish you good weather and some productive crafty time!!

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today... and if you wonder what I'm up to during any other time look at my Instagram feed... you can find me here at carolfun53... IG is so easy to post to... and I spend waaaay too  much time there but I see the most wonderful quilt and cross stitch and knitting projects ... such eye candy...

happy stitching-
carol fun


9 comments:

  1. Wow you do love Halloween! You have some brilliant spooky stitcheries and I absolutely love your gourd wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was truly a feast for the eyes. I love everything!! I totally agree about the faces on the trick-or-treaters. I stitched that one four years ago for my grandson and I also changed the faces to appropriate colors. What was the pattern you used for the with hat quilt? I have a weakness for Halloween fabric and I think that one is small enough that even I could finish it. So happy your weather has finally cooled. I always look at Cincinnati weather to see how my sister is doing! Well have a great week and thanks again for sharing this fun fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Halloween quilt is quite festive and ties in all the wonderful 'scary' cross stitch items. Enjoy looking at all of them this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Halloween displays. Not something I do though, as Halloween is not such a big thing down here in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always you put on a good show for each season and I love looking at your collections, not something we do much of here in the UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love love love! thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a truly awesome post! Your stitching/quilting...wow...amazing. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with all of us. Wishing you a most lovely day. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, I enjoyed seeing all your Halloween décor. It all looks amazing. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy seeing your all of your holiday decorations. The 'spooky' quilt at the top is really cute! Happy Holiday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com