Sunday, January 24, 2021

Dreary and a bit weary on a Slow Sunday Stitching...

 Hello - well the weather is certainly dreary today.... cold, gray and a bit of flurries... not the kind of day that infuses me with energy... and along with that, the unsettled feeling  about what the  future will bring has made me quite weary... sorry to be a downer... 

I'm having trouble focusing on just one project ...and I find myself working on projects that aren't really vital at the moment and ignoring projects I really should attend to... big sigh...I've bounced here and there and back to next to here... I do  have my snowmen decor out and it is nice to look at... I'll show some pics further down...

I did finish something... this pair of scrappy socks...

mindless knitting ... I've got 3 shawls in various stages sitting in bags next to my comfy chair... perhaps I'll work on one of them next...

As for sewing... well I haven't gone down in my studio for 2 weeks... there a several projects which only need a hour or two and several other projects I'd like to start... perhaps something will call to me this week... 

On the cross stitch front I've done 2 little pieces... this snowman head from one of those little cards Prairie Schooler put out...

used called for DMC on 32ct opalescent linen I dyed... he's only 2" tall...

And this little angel... she's from the new chart Love Notes by With Thy Needle & Thread..

changed some of the threads because I couldn't find the called for DMC in my messy craft room and stitched her cheeks in Scotch Stitch ( just a satin stitch on the diagonal)... again 32 ct linen I dyed... this is just a tiny scrap but then she's tiny too... only about 2" tall...I may do a small tier tray display for Valentine's Day... 

Here's a pic of the pattern... I may stitch another one of the designs... I just took the little angel from the Love Stamp chart... 


I got my pattern at Kittenstitcher.com but it looks like it is out of stock at the moment... I'm sure she'll get more in. 

And last Sunday I went looking for  a chart in my stash... I don't even remember which one now... but I came upon this chart and this linen and this thread and well I had to put some stitches in...

It is soooo hard to capture the color of this piece... think Jakey Brown from Classic Colorworks... I'm pretty sure I used Rit Wine dye... the thread is Gentle Arts Vintage Lace... a rosy, pinky shade... this is so much fun to stitch on... the holes are easy to see, the thread glides through, the pattern is easy to follow... and it is 28ct... I haven't stitches on 28 ct for eons...  it has been very hard to put this down...

The pattern is Quaker Samplings from With My Needle by Ellen Chester... now I've had this a loooong time...  the copyright date is 2006, so it has been maturing for  a while.. glad I released it from its plastic bin...


And I worked on the needlepoint stocking... not going to show a picture because even after 6 hours I don't feel like I made a lot of progress... a bunch of ornaments were completed but they take a lot of time... each one has a minimum of 3 different threads... so lots of threading and re-threading... part of me says just concentrate on one project... but I am not listening to that little voice... at least not right now...

As for decorating here are a couple of pictures... first that new for me white shelf unit...

I LOVE all the bits and pieces here, but I'd like to add some cross stitch to this display.. perhaps the 2 PS Santas I've stitched... gotta get them FFO'd...

Now the Snowman cookie jar is one my younger son found for me in a flea market type store... it is gorgeous an I think the largest one I have... I love all the little animals form the bird on his shoulder to the squirrel on his side... on the bottom is says Tracy Porter  "Jolly Ol' Snowy"  exclusively for Target 2003... I found another one online... asking waaaay more than what Nick paid... 



on the other end is a sign I purchased from Walmart at Christmas... it is suppose to be outdoor stake kinda sign... I loved the style of the snowman... kinda vintage 50's... and the snowman head snow globe came from the gift shop at Cracker Barrel in 2019... gosh I miss going there... always found cute decor pieces... 

below I made a little ice skating rink with a mirror from Hobby Lobby and those little Russ Berrie Snowmen... I think these originally came from Hallmark, but I might be wrong... I  bought them on ebay ... I was surprised that they were primarily yellow... you know I LOVE YELLOW so that was a bonus... I was just looking for skating figurines and was surprised to find skating snowmen... I thought I paid too much for them... I got 9 figures... but after looking around on the web I think I did okay... there are several people selling just one or two of these little guys for half I what I paid for the lot... 




The bottom shelves...


I need to take pictures of the rest of my displays but every time I think to do it the light isn't good... either too bright or too dark... maybe this week I'll get the motivation to coincide with good lighting... maybe...

So no big plans for the week except to get my hair cut and colored... calling for a measurable snowfall ...we really haven't had anything but flurries so far this season which has been fine with me... I just wish we had more sunny days... I can take the cold but I HATE the gray days... not making me feel energetic.. so I think I'll sit here in my comfy chair and maybe take a nap and then when I wake up I'll grab something to stitch... already had breakfast with the family... so the rest of the day is quiet... maybe binge watch some youtube stuff... and read a some blogs over on Kathy's Quilts after I link up there... always interesting...

Hope you have a good week ahead...

happy stitching-

carol fun 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely socks, and great decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those socks and your decorated areas are wonderful to look at as always. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too much cuteness, Carol. Love your stitching projects and can not wait to see them in a future vignette. What an awesome winter vignette too. That snowman cookie jar is the bomb. Happy stitching. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had a string of yucky, gray, rainy/foggy days and I'm SICK of it!! Hopefully some sun in a day or two. I LOVE your socks and your sampler in progress. I bought one of those snowman globe heads at Cracker Barrel a few years back for our bunco gift exchange. Wished I'd bought 2! Went to eat there last quick and got a really cute blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gray days are the worse. I hear what you are saying about needing to get going but can't. I have many projects to do but can't seem to decide on which one. Here's to getting something done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those socks. Your snowman display is wonderful! Although we have had quite a few of those grey, cold days lately, we finally have sun, but it is very, very cold here. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute stitcheries, so sweet and tiny! Glad you're freeing some linen from the bins. Love that caramelish color. I've not brought out much decor for the winter, such as it is in SoCal, all we have is wind and a little bit of rain now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snowmen and the winter scene look great and very good for this dreary time of year. We are super gray out here too. I do know what you mean about the gray. I can take our rain better than the gray! What a super color you did on that piece of linen. The Quaker design will be beautiful on it. Well take care and I hope the weather and gets better! That might help all our moods!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com