Sunday, March 28, 2021

Easter Displays on a Slow Sunday...

Hello -well where does the time go??  Easter is next Sunday... and while I knew it was coming, it still seems to have snuck up on me... I'm still working on an Easter basket for Elliott which will proceed his 2nd birthday by only a couple  of days... so I'm putting together two different present packages... a couple more items should come tomorrow... fun shopping!!

And I have several Easter displays to show you today... fair warning....LOTS of pictures... you may want to grab some liquid refreshment... LOL... sooooo,  the displays have  been up for a couple of weeks but I've been lazy about getting pictures taken... but I finally got my butt in gear yesterday... lots of stuff I've had for a while and a little bit of new stuff... I did move things around a bit... having that new shelf unit in the living room gives me more display space which is fun to play with.

Okay lets dive right in and I'll start with the new stuff...This tray of small (and some not so small) pillows is from the book Jellybean Jubilee by With Thy Needle & Thread...







I did then on 32 ct linen I dyed with Rit dye for another project  I changed my mind about ... I like the aqua -greeny tone ... looks SPRING-Y to me... I FFO'd them using fusible fleece as my interfacing and only stuffing them lightly after that... it kept them on the flat side which is what I was going for.

And I couldn't get all five of the pieces I stitched into the little tray (from Hobby Lobby) so the fifth piece went out on the sunroom porch display, along with an older piece from Blackbird Designs where I only stitched 2/3rds of the chart... 


and I ran out of the aqua green linen so Hippity Hop was stitched on yellow...and I changed all the DMC flosses and I added some flowers... I don't follow instructions well...LOL


In my living room I now have dueling display units...LOL... this is the newest one... 3 shelves of goodies...

This large piece is from WTN&T... it is called Sampler Hill ...I LOVE the tulip border and the alphabet hiding in the hill...


and I was able to display lots of knickknacks too!!


On my  large shelf unit  I have  quite the fluffle of bunnies ... I swear they reproduce when left in plastic bins...LOL....


as for the cross stitch from the top down... Spring Row by Bent Creek... I did this eons ago and now I wish I'd stitched in in brighter Spring-y colors but back then I was just using purchased linen and I rarely considered changing the floss colors... oh how I have changed!!! (and on a tangent... I just had an idea of how to brighten up this Bent Creek piece... I may take some dye and splotch it on the already finished piece... gasp... I know... risky business... but I'm liking the idea... add some pink and orange, perhaps??)


And my progression can clearly be seen in this Prairie Schooler March piece... I think the painted linen adds a nice touch to this one and I was able to stitch another piece with a kind of hidden in the hill alphabet... 

Moving down that BIG bunny on the peach-y linen makes me happy!!! I like my animals clothed...LOL... the little piece is from Blackbird Design... my foray into 40 ct with a chart from the booklet Thank You Sarah Tobias...



And at the bottom  a tiny little lady from Pineberry Lane carrying a GIANT tulip and a Lizzie Kate Spring piece on a cute wooden crate from the Dollarspot filled with tulips... I think it says SPRING pretty darn well!!


This year I hung my Fig Tree Jam & Jelly quilt here in the living room... I wanted the softer colors for a change... 

the tray has Easter Holiday Hoopla by WTN&T at the top and a scattering of bunnies from Prairie Schooler No. 178... this tray has been hanging out in my storage room for eons... I like the apple green color and the wire construction... very light and airy.... 




So have I overloaded you??  I'll save two other areas for next week... as I look around my house I probably have jumped the shark but all this stitchy stuff makes me HAPPY!!!  I'll keep the Easter stuff up for at least a week past the holiday ...then I'll put the bunnies away and get out my bird stuff... some of the cross stitch will stay out but I'll rearrange them...timing of new displays depends on my motivation... I have a couple of other projects around the house I want to tackle...

Last week I did get one of those jobs on my "list of things to do" completed... I emptied out all 5 of my window boxes... I have to drag a ladder out to reach 3 of them so it is a job... they do need to have the paint touched up as the squirrels gnawed on them again this year... grrrrrr.... the  squirrels are driving me nuts!! I can live with them raiding my bird feeders but I wish they'd leave the window boxes alone... my neighbor said they gnawed on his metal porch lights!! Is there nothing they won't chew on???

Also, I was monogamous to the Christmas stocking and worked on it every day...patting myself on the back here... and I have made progress... as I've said I'm not fond of stitching the round ornaments, so I took a break and worked on the ribbons... almost got them all done, then I'll work on the ornaments... I've told myself it I get the tree all done then I can take a break...having the tree done would be about 70% complete by my estimation... and I have several cross stitch projects I'd like to finish and even more I'd like to start. 

Well the week ahead looks quiet, but looks can be deceiving, can't they?  Not sure exactly what we are doing for Easter or for Elliott's 2nd birthday...details haven't been hammered out and there are people coming from out of town...the weather has been typically Spring... some days sunny and warm, other days gray and cold..I even saw a forecast low of 23 for next Thursday ..brrrrr.... my daffodils and hyacinths are looking good and my alliums are sprouting... it will be a while still for them...something to look forward to. 

I hope your upcoming week is filled with stuff you want to do... I have plans for some quilting... I actually got the borders on a quilt I started back in 2016... and that spurred me to start something new... we will see how that pans out...LOL

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts... no plans for today so I should have time to read... forecast is for rain so I think I'll sit out on the sunroom porch for a while... may take a nap too...

happy stitching-

carol fun 



9 comments:

  1. Spring reigns supreme at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delightful spring wonderland! Spring is my favorite season so I do love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! I love all your Easter stitcheries!! So much pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always so nice to see your pretty displays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your gorgeous Easter "stitchy stuff" makes me happy, too. You always have the most amazing seasonal decorations and pretties in your home. Love your Fig Tree Jam & Jelly quilt; it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the bunny in the carrot car. Love your decorating for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For you it is squirrels. For me deer, they think my plants are their own personal salad! I hate them, I know that is a very bad attitude but I just can't help it when I see all their damage. Now to happier, your house is so perfect for Easter and Spring!! I could not choose a favorite. I do have the chart for Sampler Hill and seeing yours makes me think I should put it high on the to do list. I hope your week is great and you have a most Happy Easter and wonderful birthday celebration for Elliot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com