Sunday, January 7, 2024

Many Momo quilts to start 2024 on a Slow Sunday...

ok... everything below Hello was written prior to Saturday... which was a good thing as I did something STUPID on Saturday... I cut  a slice off the tip of my left hand pinky with my rotary cutter... and boy does it hurt... there wasn't a way to stitch it or glue it so they just bandaged it and hopefully it will clot and quit pulsing and form a scab... it has taken me  forever to type this paragraph with one hand  ...  I had planned  to add  more chit chat but not gonna happen ...I'm obviously not a good example so take me as a terrible warning and watch what you are doing with sharp objects...

Hello -- hope you had a nice New Year's Day...there were some fireworks in my neighborhood at midnight...well actually our local pyro started about 10pm, but he did finish up about 12:30am so not as  long and loud as in the past... our police department knows who it is, but as of last year it is legal to set off fireworks... I'm thinking that maybe the smaller display is that he doesn't have anything to protest against anymore... being a night owl I was up and ringing in the New Year with some stitching...

This is from Melisa at Pinkernpunkin... A Cold Winter's Day - Dot's Saltbox...



now I started by painting this  16 ct Aida with a very diluted solution of Evening Blue at the top and Apple Green at the bottom.  After I got that line of  white/snow and those little trees stitched at the bottom of the house I stitched the snowman...and decided that the green wasn't dark enough... so I frogged the snowman and took the chance of adding more Apple Green and keeping it away from the line of white stitches...and I got lucky ... and it worked...I needed this good luck as on New Year's Eve I dropped a hand mirror on the tile floor in the bathroom and it shattered... acckkkk!!! 

Anyway, I changed the color of the house... Melisa had done this one in pink... I'm using DMC 676 and 3829 so it resembles my little house. As I said last week I have plans to do 6 of these little houses in 2024... and right now I'm leaning to making them all little yellow houses... a bit narcissistic...LOL... but yellow houses make me happy!!

Continuing my New Year's tradition I did engage in all the activities that I want to enjoy for all the rest of the year... I did a little knitting...

been working on this sock for a bit... pretty colors... will probably be a gift for a friend... can't find the ball band but it isn't Opal but another German (I think ) manufacturer.. I like the mix of big and small bands of color.

As for quilting, I went down to my sewing studio (sounds so much classier than my basement...LOL) and did a couple more blocks for my Momo Dorothy quilt... and then I did some mathing and realized I do have enough of that Moda Muslin Mates scissors fabric to do the all  alternate blocks!! Yippee!!  Here's where it si at the moment...



Now I can make it a bed sized quilt...and we won't discuss that I really don't need another bed size Momo quilt.. this would make the 4th one ...  no wait... the 5th... I forgot about the Momo quilt on the back seat of my car... searching the blog , I discovered I made it back in 2011... I think that was my first Momo quilt... you can see it here... along with 5 lap sized Momo quilts in the more 70's colorway... avocado, harvest gold, coppertone brown... and this year I'm using all my Momo quilts in my winter decor... and I have many Momo quilts to show you!!

Out on the sunroom porch...

The quilt pattern is called Topiary Tiles and the fabrics are from the Avant Garden collection. Here's a link to the post where you can see it on the design wall... I searched the blog and can't find a full picture of it anywhere...

Here's my stitching chair out on the sunroom porch...

This is one of 2 quilts I made with blocks from the pattern Fat Quarter Shuffle by Cluck Cluck Sew,  and here's a link to a pic of it on my design wall. 

In my bedroom...

on the bed is a Giant Disappearing Nine Patch done with a lot of the Wonderland collection. Here's some of my favorite blocks...

I love this quilt pattern because you can use 10" squares and don't have to chop up those large scale prints. At the end of the bed is a throw sized quilt... again I started with a layer cake and cut the fabrics in half and then spaced them out with 5" finished squares... didn't have to chop up the porcupines or the cats or some of the larger scale prints...definitely make the pictures bigger to see the fabric details. 

Along with those two quilts there is this one on the chair in the corner of the room...

These are blocks from Tula Pink's City Sampler: 100 Modern Quilt Blocks. I started this in '16 and then got bored with it, came back to it in '17 got bored again... finally called it a finish in 2020 but only did about 56 blocks... I was going to put a link in here to a full pic of this quilt but it again appears that I never showed one on the blog... sheesh... 

And in the living room... on the chairs..

The chair on the left has blocks from Fat Quarter Shuffle  and here's a link to see it on my design wall...and the chair on the right is called Vanishing Time... here's a link to the full view of this one again from my design wall... and I didn't realize till I went looking for pics of these quilts that I rarely posted a pic of them finished... sheesh... 

oh and on the back of the couch....


This one is my variation of the Vintage Star pattern.. here's a link to a picture of it on my bed... a rare occurrence it appears where my Momo quilts are concerned. 

And in searching the blog (I spent a lot of time doing that this week...and boy did I wear a path in memory lane)... anyway I found 2 more Momo quilts that were done in the more Spring-y colorways and a table runner... I do LOVE LOVE LOVE my Momo fabrics!!

Along with sewing some Dorothy blocks I re- did a quilt I made in 2020... you can see it here... I only hung this one once in my living room... and while I still like it, I've gone with a lot of Debbie Mumm stuff the last couple of years for winter decor... I have a lot of Debbie Mumm quilts and knickknacks... I was and still am a MEGA fan of her style... anyway... I like this giant snowman but I didn't know where to display him...until I was taking down the Christmas decor in the back hallway and thought... could I make it fit here??  Well if you lop off about 18 inches side to side and another 6 inches of so top to bottom you can squeeze it in the back hallway....


So as you depart my home you will see this GIANT snowman waving to you and hoping you'll come back and see me again...LOL

Along with the knitting and the sewing and the cross stitching, I also indulged in going out to eat and shopping (online) on New Year's Day... ALL the stuff I want to do again and again and again and again in 2024... let's see how that works out... 

I got the bulk of my Winter decor out... just need to do some FFO-ing and tuck in a few new pieces.   As I mentioned before I spent a lot of time searching old posts last week... and it makes me happy to have this record of things I've done ... and it reminded me of projects I've forgotten about too... and showed me how much more I have put  in my displays over the years... which may or may not be a good thing, as sometimes I think I may have a wee too much on the shelves...and then I push that thought to the back of my very dusty cluttered mind ... I'll  think about that tomorrow... like Scarlett O'Hara...  

I did enjoy seeing pictures of my yard and the flowers I've grown... it has me longing for Spring and we had some warm days about 2 weeks ago which got my daffodils already poking up through the newly laid mulch... hey guys, you are waaaaay too early to the party... 

So plans for a quiet week ahead... Elliott on Tuesday, a haircut and color on Wednesday..that's all I see on my calendar. The colder temperatures and a bit of snow would have me happy to be home...

I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts and check out what everyone else is up to...

happy stitching-

carol fun 


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I hurt for you. I sliced off the tip of my left index finger a few years ago and BOY! did it ever bleed. It has healed up fine and I still have all the feeling in it. I don't EVER want to do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your finder heals quickly, your quilts are beautiful and that snowman quilt just melts my heart. Love the socks too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com