Hello -- well let's see how this plays out. I'm typing this on Saturday morning... and three times now I've tried to upload pictures... and so far ... nothing nada zip... fingers crossed they appear sometime before I hit publish... so let's start with the stuff that doesn't have pictures...
Edited to add: the pictures did appear... it took them 3 hours to arrive but they have arrived...
They roofers came back on Thursday to fix the gutter stuff... supervisor calls me bright and early on Thursday 7:00 AM to tell me they are coming but he doesn't know what time... ummm... that isn't real helpful... they show up at 2:00pm and they are still working at 9:00pm....but I don't know how, as the sun set at 7:15pm....now there is a outdoor spotlight over my garage door and a street light on the corner but I don't know how they could see what they were doing...and I was concerned someone would fall and get hurt... the job is supposed to be inspected on Monday... oh and they sent me the bill for the project last Monday morning... obviously not paying until the job is complete...sheesh...
Moving on to the landscape project... met with the designer, Anna, on Thursday... she had a complete drawing of the layout and all the plants labelled and pictures of them... and she really did listen to me!!
Insert more annoyance at blogger... I just typed 2 paragraphs that disappeared... trying again...
Lots and lots of running around this week... the dental issues of a certain family member consumed my Monday and Tuesday and still didn't get resolved... hopefully the appointment scheduled for the middle of the month will fix it. Wednesday I went to lunch with my quilty lady friends and we celebrated mine and Laurey's birthday with this yummy treat...
There was chocolate mousse between the layer of cake... sooooo good!!
Thursday was a blur...I was in and out of the house on different errands all day long... first the landscape appointment, back to the house, then breakfast with Nick, then back to the house, a beard trim appointment for Nick, stop at the grocery and then back to the house... and out to dinner with a friend, back to the house, took Nick for ice cream and back to the house where I couldn't put my car in the garage because the roofers were still here...
Friday was quieter... thank goodness... it rained and it was overcast and I was pooped... I did manage to get my act together and meet some friends for dinner... we have regular every other week thing going ... that was nice.
So now it is Saturday... the sun is shining and the weather guys are saying we've turned the corner to Fall... the 10 day forecast has no temp higher than 75 and no rain... good weather if the landscape company want to come, right??
As for crafty stuff, this week I didn't touch my sewing machine... instead I knitted and cross stitched... I finished a pair of socks...
two different yet similar Opal yarns alternated every row... the knitted mitered square project is in time out... the square I'm working on is giving me fits and something else shiny caught my eye.... I stumbled on to this while scrolling IG... you can see some finished projects of this design here ....
and this is very intriguing... I have a nice stash of Lori Holt Chunky Thread...
And here's a good look at (what I think is) all the colors available...you know I LOVE hexies ...and what I like about this pattern is you only have to choose 2 colors at a time... long time ago I started a granny square project with this yarn but you had to chose 4 colors for each square and it was more than my little pea brain wanted to do... so I only made one square...
I'm hoping to play with the hexie project this week...
I grabbed the closest plastic zipper bag that was sitting by my stitching chair and gave it a nice amount of attention... this is A Cheerful Heart by Shakespeare's Peddler...
now the cover picture shows hardly any contrast between the linen and the berries along the side... but I'm using all the called for threads and the linen I painted... and I'm happy that you can see the berries and the line of stitches in the middle of the alphabet... there was a lot of mindless, don't have to count too much stitching and that suited me as I watched a bunch of YouTube videos.
And then this arrived in my mailbox... Halloween Celebration by Primrose Cottage... I had a heck of a time finding this pattern a week or so ago...everyone was sold out... looks like it is back is stock now...
anyway... my plan is to do several of the rows as little skinny pillows... and to that end I started one...
Isn't it cute?? This is a scrap of linen I painted a while ago... and so far I've used a different orange for each pumpkin... and I picked a different green and purple than what was called for... and since this scrap is small I'm only doing like 3/4ths of the row. They will be nice to tuck into my displays... and speaking of displays... well this is all I've gotten done...
this is my back hallway ... the entrance everybody uses... I love the Debbie Mumm Halloween panel... and I wonder how old that is?... she started designing fabric in the early 1990's... and she is reported to have sold over 44 million yards of fabric!!! I can attest that is a true statement, because there are yards and yards and yards and yards and yards and yards of her fabric in my basement...LOL
This upcoming week looks quiet...shhhh... I have my regular stuff, work out with Anna and pick up Elliott from school... but other than that just one appointment... dermatology... scheduled a year ago... not my favorite appointment but I'm too pale and grew up thinking baby oil was a great tanning product... so I get checked out... I'd like to get the Halloween stuff out and maybe a bit of sewing... we'll see what pans out...
I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today... I need to run and get groceries for a certain family member and then the afternoon is free... Nick's making meat sauce and penne for dinner... .always tasty...
I hope your week has great weather and plenty of time to do the things you want to do!!!
happy stitching-
carol fun










No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com