Sunday, May 1, 2011

A aampler for Sunday

Okay if April showers bring May flowers, what do May showers bring? Today it brought me a headache and no energy. Luckily I already took some pictures the other day when we had sun of this oldie but goodie sampler.



I have no idea who the designer was or what the name of this piece is. My memory banks have absolutely no information on this one. I liked the simplicity of this piece. I used just one overdyed floss and all the letters are stitched in eyelet stitch and each row between the letters is a different decorative stitch.





I know that I chose it because the big orange tabby reminded me of our sweet cat that we called "Khat" - pronounced "cat". I got the idea from a book by Susan Wittig Albert in her China Bayles series. There was a cat China inherited that she named "Khat". I love this series as it includes lots of wonderful information about herbs and flowers and gardens along with the murder mystery. I love Susan Albert's books and I'm currently reading the first book in a new series for her called the Darling Dahlias and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

4 comments:

  1. What a cute Khat! LOL What is home without a cute fuzzy furball? Love it! Smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very charming in its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Darling Dahlia's and the Cucumber Tree. I need to put the next one on my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the cat and the color too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!