Monday, July 28, 2014

Couldn't resist this fabric on Design Wall Monday

I've had my eye on this Moda collection for quite a while, anxiously awaiting its arrival. And last week my patience was rewarded when I snagged a pack of fat eights of Avant Garden by Momo. You can see the whole collection here.

I was looking at patterns to find one that would show off these prints that have a 70's retro hippie vibe, and then I came across this pattern, Topiary Tiles. It is free and you can find it here on Craftsy.



I don't know a lot about the Japanese designer of this line, Momo, except for this little blurb on Moda's website.

As a child growing up in Japan MoMo often found herself retreating into to caverns of her imagination. It was only natural for this talented young artist to eventually grace the world of graphic design. As she set out to redecorate the world with her patterns, colorful fantasies and childhood musings spilled out in a Technicolor landscape filled with imaginary places and graphic interpretations of the world in her head. MoMo’s designs are bold and colorful with a flare for the surreal, her feet firmly planted on the ground and her head in the clouds.

This is the second of her collections that I have admired. The first was called Wonderland and some of the fabrics in this new line also appeared in that collection. The little floral that I've got as sashing is in both collections. I'm not certain I'm going to use it. I may go with a Grunge fabric. Ummmm... the more I look at this photo the more I'm pretty sure I'm going to use some other fabric for the sashing. It is really busy busy busy, and you know I like busy busy busy most of the time, but maybe not for this quilt. Also I'm not committed to using that green as the corner stones but I had a piece of it that was big enough to cut a couple so I'm trying it out. Sheesh, okay just ignore everything here except for the blocks!



At the moment this is my choice for a border. LOVE those GIANT polka dot. It comes in a pink colorway too and it is pretty. It is nice to have such great fabrics to choose from.


I think a trip to my favorite quilt store, Fabric Shack, would be a good way to spend my Monday afternoon. Hope you have a great day too!

happy stitching-
carol fun

3 comments:

  1. I so miss the Fabric Shack!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blocks! Um, yeah, the sashing is a bit noisy--it will work great for another project I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful fabrics. If I am shopping in a fabric store and stop to admire a fabric, it is often a Moda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com