Monday, October 17, 2011

A design wall with a little progress for Monday

Well I got all of the blocks done for this Charming Stars quilt and I got them all sewed together with the sashing.



I picked the large scale print for the border but I didn't have enough energy to get it put on yesterday. And it isn't going to happen today, but as Scarlett said "tomorrow is another day."



I really like these bold colors. The collection is Moda's Rooftop Garden but it doesn't credit a particular designer. I think the line has a lot of elements of collections by Sanae - another Moda designer I really love. I did get a deal on a piece of dotty olive fabric for the back at Joann's yesterday so I should be able to get this one off to Cass, my long arm gal, before the week is over. Hey, I can hope- LOL!

Off to do another round of Monday's premier event - driving in circles!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

5 comments:

  1. What a bright and happy quilt. The yellow stars really pop out even with all the variety in the background. The border fabric is going to be perfect. Have fun finishing this one off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That border is just perfect! I am so loving that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy quilt! The colors sing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com