Sunday, October 23, 2011

A sampler for a cloudy Sunday

Well yesterday was certainly sunnier than today, but at least it isn't rainy and cold. I took pictures of this Sunday's sampler out on my screen porch. I'm pretty sure it is a Chessie & Me but I don't have a clue what the title is. I searched a lot of sites and all I found were more charts I'd like to have.



This is one sampler that feeds my log cabin home fantasy. I'd love to have a little cabin somewhere in the woods - at least until I need to run to the fabric shop or got out to dinner - LOL!



I love how the satin stitches make it look like logs and that half square triangle row looks like a border from a quilt. I'm not sure about the sentiment " in virtues ways I spend my days" - ummm... does virtue include shopping? I've been doing a lot of that lately - LOL!

Have a great week!
Happy stitching-
carol fun

8 comments:

  1. your sampler is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sampler! Chessie and Me are one of my favs but I don't know the name of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I was just wondering what fabric you use? Do you ever use linen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a Chessie n Me "In Virtues Ways" is the name. I adore the log cabin and the little tiger cat - you know I'm partial to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this one Carol. I too have dreams of living in a log cabin in the woods. I had to LOL at your comment about finding more you'd like to have while trying to find the name of this one. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea; looking around to find the identity of a stitchy thing, but all you find are more things to buy! :D

    Love the border on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty. A cabin in the woods does sounds like somewhere I'd like to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Reminds me of the cabins we stay at in TN! I've used satin stitches on houses before and love the effect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com