Friday, January 13, 2012

A change in the weather




Well it isn't the inch to an inch and a half that they predicted, but we did get a little snow. This is the view out of my kitchen window - the chickens guard my bird feeders. It is a great day to stay inside and that is just what I'm doing. I've already made a pan of lasagna so all I have to do is pop it in the oven for dinner. And I'm cozy under a quilt doing a bit of knitting.

Earlier in the week I was able to get some pictures of my Charming Cheddar Stars quilt on the grass in the backyard. This is a Moda Bake Shop pattern. I
used the Rooftop Garden collection of fabrics from Moda and I'd like to make this pattern again some time.



Again I am so pleased with the quilting that Cass Plott did on this one. I let her pick the pattern. My standard instructions are pick some thing pretty and use a variegated thread and I love being surprised when I get it back.



It has such great texture after it has been laundered. I love that it adds an extra layer of design to the quilt.

And just so you can see that it is a very cozy quilt here is Big Dude testing it out.



I think it has proven nap worthy.

So if there is snow where you are, I hope you can stay inside all warm and cozy.
Have a great weekend!
carol fun

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous quilt!
    And Mr. Big Dude could
    not be happier! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Dude is sooo handsome. I'm glad yu have such an able assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! I love the colors.
    Happy cat too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say by the look on big dude's face, that the quilt is quite comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was inside all day today--we got a little bit more snow than you did, but not much more--but we had alot of rain for 24 hours before, and now the temps are really dropping, so it will be the ice that will be a problem out there--but me--I hope and plan to be inside all week end--and I pray that my chocolate stash holds out!!!!!
    busy stitching--
    Hug, Di==ohhhh---like the quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! I wouldn't mind having some of that cold weather, send some here.
    Why do cats always lay on the quilts? I have one just like that.
    Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is just wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful quilt and lovely cold snow! I wish we could get cold here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I was just reading back on your blog, and you Big Dude looks a lot like my Holstein. Size included!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com