Monday, January 2, 2012

A sunny Design Wall for a gray and snowy day

This is the first Design Wall Monday of 2012 and I am ready! Today I have finished my Carol's Star blocks (or as they are more wordily known as - the 16 patch checkerboard sawtooth stars).



To say this is a bright quilt is a bit of an understatement. It is very very yellow and the large scale florals are bold and bright too. I love how it all came together.



Now it isn't as "purchase free" a quilt as when I started since I had to add some larger sized cuts of yellow to my stash to make the setting triangles, but I'm okay with that. I'm happy with all my yellow purchases and the majority of them were at least 40%, so they were a bargain. And I know they will come in handy in whatever other yellow projects I come up with this year- and I will come up with some. I already have one percolating in my brain because I bought 4 yards of this beauty.(I know only 4 yards, the restraint is killing me - LOL!)



This is from the Half Moon Modern collection. I got mine from Fabric Shack. I haven't bought any other pieces from this collection yet, because I'm mulling over what I want to make with this line. I love all the colors but the gray. I know it is the "in" color but I'm just not feeling it. I need to look through my books and find the perfect quilt for this collection. Since the scale of so many of the prints are large I'm thinking something using a layer cake might be a good choice.

Now I need to get a back made for this quilt and there has to be something in my stash I can use. Which is good since that will make room on the shelves for more new fabric. Its a vicious cycle, isn't it? LOL

So what to sew next? I have a little snowman wall quilt I want to make to sit on the mantle behind my army of snowmen. And I want to do the Full House Schnibble that is the choice for this months Another Year of Schnibbles. All I know is I resolve to work on whatever catches my fancy at the moment and there needs to be no guilt. (I have a family that is more than happy to supply all the guilty feelings I can handle - LOL!)

Happy stitching-
carol fun

8 comments:

  1. Blazing sunshine on a cold and grey Ohio day. I WANT much of the Half Moon collection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stars...I really love them. Fun! You're doing just what you want to do...YIPPEE! I want to do Full House too...just can't settle on fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stars!! The bright colors really do lift the mood during the blah winter months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking great, yellow is such a hopeful happy color, perfect for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some pale yellow batiks...this gives me an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful yellows! This turned out just lovely. You can't help smiling at yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is beautiful. I want the whole Half Moon collection too but don't know what I'll make with it. Ask my mom, I have a problem. I keep accumulating fabric and don't ever accomplish anything. Maybe I'm just hopeful that someday I will!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com