Monday, October 21, 2013

Getting back into the routine on Design Wall Monday

So I've been in my house for almost 2 weeks and I'm settling into what I hope will be my new normal routine. I was able to find a little time to sew and it was heavenly. I found all the pieces to this quilt, that was the one I was working on when I moved, and I really enjoyed putting it all together.


This is BIG BIG quilt. I finished 91 X 106. It may be the largest quilt I ever made. I plan to give this one to my oldest son. I think it will look good in his house.

The pattern is Ballerina by Jay Bird Quilts. You can see it here. It went together nicely using the Creative Grids 12" 60 degree Triangle Ruler. I may do another version of this for me... but smaller. I need to think about it for a bit.

Right now I have a ton quilts I want to work on. I started sewing together a layer cake to make a Twister quilt. And I found a bag with a strippy Christmas quilt I started eons ago that would be nice to get finished for this holiday season. And there is a QAL starting on Stitched in Color's blog - you can check it out here - and I'd like to play with it. And I'd like to do another quilt with Kaffe Fasset fabrics... have you see his new collection? Go here and drool. And I bought a jelly roll of Sandy Gervais new line - Soho Chic - see it here - and yesterday I picked up the fabric I want to use for the background and the border to make it into this quilt - Windspinner - a pattern by Praire Grass Patterns that you can see here.

I think this definitively shows that I need more hours in a day!!! LOL '

Hope you have a fun and productive week - I'll post some pictures of my new studio later this week - promise!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

6 comments:

  1. It is going to be a beautiful quilt! Your son will love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carol, that is a fun fun quilt! Love the colors, so rich.

    I checked out the quilts website and really like the way the dark triangles set out against the light background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're settling into your lovely new space and getting some pleasure with needle and thread. It's a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, great colors and fun patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that you are getting settled and feathering your new nest by stitching lovely quilts! I love the movement in your twister quilt and Wind Spinner looks like a fun pattern too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com