Wednesday, October 23, 2013

W.i.P. Wednesday

Well here is a project that was no where on my radar until my BFF Stephie brought over the one she was working on. A Twister done with a Basic Grey Aspen Frost layer cake. As soon as I saw hers I had to have one of my own and we were off to Fabric Shack in a blink of an eye.

Now mine is a little different from hers - she did a 6 X 7 block layout and I did a 6 X 6 layout and I used a different fabric to frame mine.


This is going together lickety split - last night I had all the layer cakes sewn together and put on the framing border. It was late and I told myself that I'd just cut out one row and then go to bed -- yeah -- that's a line that ranks right up there with "I'll only eat one cookie" or "the check is in the mail". I couldn't go to bed until I had ALL the blocks cut out!

This morning I got a couple of the rows sewn together and it is a fun project. There will be more Twisters in my future...maybe one with Kaffe Fasset fabrics.

Here are some close ups of the fabrics in this Aspen Frost line -- love the little snowmen!




And this ornament print is going to be my border.



Happy stitching-
carol fun

3 comments:

  1. I love twisters! I just laid out a Christmas quilt on the design wall today. I can't wait to get it sewn together! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute fabric line! Hmm, curious that you chose a yellow for the border....:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com