Monday, May 19, 2014

And you picked...... on Design Wall Monday

So I put on my best Monty Hall plaid sport coat and you  picked.... Door #2!!!! Applause, applause! Now when I posted the poll last Thursday I was certain that no matter what the outcome I would sew it together in the Door #1 mode. But the more I read your comments and the more I looked at it Door #2, I could see it was a winner.


All the rows are sewn together and I really like the look of the black and white prints with the Kaffe fabric. Thanks for inspiration Melinda!


There was a comment that the black and white prints are low volume. I hadn't thought of them that way, but if they are the are hanging with the wrong crowd cause the Kaffe fabrics are the heavy metal guys in the room - LOL!


I found this fabric last week at Joanns for the back. Now to get this one packed off to my long arm quilter.


Like any week I have high hopes for lots of sewing time, tempered with the knowledge that there are lots of other things I am committed to do. Painting woodwork at my older son's house, chauffeuring duties for my younger son, appointments with contractors... its going to be a busy week. But the upcoming weekend is Memorial Day and that off day  next Monday is looking pretty sweet.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

10 comments:

  1. Wow this turned out wonderfully! Just gorgeous. I can't get over how wonderful the Kaffe fabrics are with all of the black and white fabrics. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Monty Hall! It's a great choice. The backing fabric is nice and colorful too. Congrats on another winner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt top and your backing fabric too. They will look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love that top! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, love the top AND the backing. All goes together perfectly. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That design was so pretty, any direction would have looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just fabulous, I think it has the perfect back for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love door #2! And the back is incredible! I hope to get some sewing in this weekend also:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first word that comes to mind is "joyful!" Great fabric combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com