Isn't is wonderful??? Those robins are so pretty... do you see why I have to restitch my bluebirds??? It will be sooooo worth it!
And here is a pic of Marcella's conversion from DMC to overdyed flosses.
Here are Marcella's words about her version..." I challenged myself to use only what was in my 'stash' including the frame (need to take lessons on framing - definitely 'prim' framing job!). I used R & R's 36 ct 'Antique Cotton' and swapped out the DMC for GA, CC, and Weeks trying to stay true to charted colors with the exception of the birds, which I changed to Robins. I also snuck in some specialty stitches - our family initials done in Smyrna cross and another set of initials to commemorate my husbands dear friend who passed away last month. One of the flowers also has Algerian Eye stitches to commemorate our first born son."
The robins are done in GA Maple Syrup and their breasts are done in GA Burnt Orange. I think re-doing the birds as robins will be fabulous!