Sunday, March 3, 2019

A dearth of activity on Slow Stitching Sunday...

Hello all... another week of blah weather being topped off today with snow and followed up with a return of the polar vortex... March is in like a lion... it better darn well leave like a lamb and it can leave any time now...this has not put me in a "Spring-y" mood so I didn't get around to changing out my decorations... maybe this coming week...I did a little of this and a little of that but not much to show.

I did stitch one more Prairie Schooler bunny...


and I don't think I'll stitch any more of them... I'm bunny-ed out...

I wanted to move on to stitching the LHN Spring ABC's ... but I don't have a piece of linen long enough for it.


Ordered a BIG piece a minute ago from Everything Crossstitch... should get here later this week if it is in stock... they are only up the road a piece in Dayton, OH. They are just an online store... wish they were brick and mortar ... I'd be there tomorrow.  I like the stiff 32 ct Linen when I want to paint a piece... I get this kind in Antique White. If I'm going to scrunch it up and dye a piece the 32 ct Belfast Linen works fine... it is a bit cheaper and softer. Since I stitch in hand with no hoop or q-snap I prefer a stiff linen. 

Oh I did get around to FFO-ing March in the Year of Celebrations... a wee bit of the wearing of the green...


All the sparkly stuff - shamrocks and hat and sequin spirals were one floral pick... I just disassembled it ...I really like this monthly series ... need to get started on April... and did you see the monthly series that Heart and Hand showed at the Nashville Needlework Market?  Check it out here... she shows them stitched as one long piece and individually... I want to do them individually...  I think I read they are only 30 stitches square so they'd be quick and easy to tuck in here or there. 

And did you see the new stuff from Blackbird Designs?  There are some pics here... OMG I am loving all of them.  And there was all of the With Thy Needle & Thread stuff which you can see here I wanted too... so much for being frugal...LOL.. seems I've been doing a lot of shopping lately... picked up more cute decorating pieces at Cracker Barrel the other night...


ain't he adorable?  He's a salt/pepper shaker...only .99 cents... cheapest piece I've bought.. found other stuff while I was there and ended up spending $20... and dinner was good too! 

Even though it is snowing as I type this hope springs eternal for gardening... they finally got the bags of dahlia tubers in at Costco... they did really well in my yard last year and I've been anxiously awaiting their appearance... saw them for the first time today... got 5 bags...  I have NO self control...LOL


In my defense these are a steal... 10 tubers in each bag for $12... $1.20 a tuber... I've seen them elsewhere for several dollars a tuber... I'm doing yellow, orange. pink and burgundy this year.  And I've been watching garden show videos on Garden Answer... you can watch them here.  Can't wait to get my window boxes planted up again...think I'll pick a new color combo this year... last two years I've done yellow/pink/lavender...may go brighter this year. 

So I made a list last night of things I wanted to accomplish today... I have done NONE of the things on my list... not a one... I've tried to do a couple of them but ran into a snag here and there... maybe tomorrow will be more productive. And if you want to see what I've gotten done quilt -wise check back tomorrow. I've finished a UFO from back in June of 2018 and I've pulled out another UFO...this one from January of 2016 that's close to being finished. It needs a border and I've decided it is going to be a smaller quilt than I originally planned... that should help get it done. Also I will have pics of the Hot and Cold Running Strings... the quilting is wonderful on it ...and I've already gotten back the American Jane Moda Love quilt ... David turned it around in a week... I gave him a finish date of 3 weeks out... I really enjoy his quick turnaround... now to get the binding on it and wash it and put in on my bed. 

Well I hope you have a good week ahead of you... I know a lot of the country is still dealing with winter weather... did you know the first day of Spring is March 20?  And that the time changes next Sunday on March 10... tune in for my semi-annual rant about that ... LOL... 

Anyway I'll link up with Kathy's Quilts today... checking out what everyone else is up to makes me smile!

happy stitching-
carol fun 

5 comments:

  1. Still winter here too...it snowed today again. I have put away all my snow people and snowflakes. I am done with winter....I will be thinking spring thoughts from now on. Cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those PS bunnies are too cute! May have to order that chart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still winter here; we had a wintery mix (sleet, slushy rain, snow, more sleet, more snow and finally all rain). Your March finish is adorable. Your bunny is cute; I love the colors you used. I look forward to seeing your quilt projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could have a super rant together. A friend and I today were already complaining about the time change. Washington is actually contemplating getting rid of the change, I think it is in the legislature now. Hope springs eternal. I am stuck like you! I just can't get those bunnies out with a threat of snow!! What a cute little chick. I used to love picking up little things like that at Cracker Barrel. We don't have them out here at all. I also love that little bunny stitch, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com