Sunday, August 25, 2024

A pitiful puny post for a Slow Sunday...

 Hello - so this is a pitiful puny post as I've been trying to get pictures to upload with no success.  And I didn't even have that many pictures to show as this last week has had practically no productivity... I suppose that it matches up with the week I got a lot done, you mush them together and everything is average... like temperatures.

Quick weather whine... it was gorgeous for most of last week... low humidity, highs only in the 70's .... I opened the windows and turned off the AC... take that Duke Energy. Change came in on Saturday... forecast for the upcoming week 90's and not a drop of rain in sight... insert frowny face.

It was a week filled with stuff to do and annoying interactions with customer service. Pharmacy calls to tell me they only have 10 of the generic pills for my son's meds. I want the generic because the brand name is almost $200 more ... and that is not a typo.. anyway they can't sell me just 10. So why even bother to tell me this?  They have no idea when they'll get in the generic. We are playing a waiting game hoping that by Monday some generic will arrive. Son will still have a little cushion of pills at that point. I'm having to play this game almost every month now and it is getting old, really old.

Car dealership told me my car would be ready on Monday. Waited ALL day for  a call... at 6:30pm  I tried without any success to speak to someone in the service department. Since no one answered the phone and I was close by having dinner with a friend I drove over. One poor woman working trying to field calls and get people checked out. She can't find out anything about my car.  I retrieved the car seat I needed to transport Elliott on Tuesday, which I had left in the car as I thought I'd have it back in time.  Called bright and early on Tuesday to speak with the Service Manager who also has no idea when my car will be ready. Finally get call that it will be done on Tuesday and go and pick it up. Bright and early Wednesday I emailed the General Manager. He apologizes and says he'll look into it and get back to me. As of Saturday, not a peep... oh and the kicker. I got 3 emails this week from this dealership trying to get me to trade in my 2021 model for a new 2025 model. Obviously car sales are hurting, but I'm in no mood to buy anything new. I only have 39K miles on this and I will drive it till the wheels fall off. 

On a lighter note, I got an email last week from a sweet blog reader who's also named Carol. She informed me that while Sandy Klop of American Jane is no longer designing for Moda she is designing for Riley Blake... yeah!!!  Here's a link to her new line which is out now.  I'll be adding a layer cake of this to my collection. 

Also spent a lot of time watching videos about new charts being released... found a bunch of cute Fall-ish ones. Check out 123 Stitch and you can see  a ton of them.. I have clicked that NOTIFY ME button numerous times. 

Didn't  move a single stack of fabric... rethinking it again. May not move the Debbies but still want to put the brights in storage. 

Also didn't turn on my sewing machine. I did get a little cross stitching done... very little. 

So I'm not linking up with anyone today. Just thought I'd let you know I'm not dead but I got nothing crafty to share. I shall consider this a Summer hiatus post... not exactly a re-run but definitely a clip show!

Hope the upcoming week is good for you. Fingers crossed I get something done... not looking real good though... have something on my calendar for Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday... need to make good use of the time I do have.


happy stitching-

carol fun 

1 comment:

  1. I understand about the medication. My husband was just identified and given the brand name prescription. Insurance will NOT cover it and they don't know when the generic is coming. So 3 weeks have gone by with NOTHING! Hope you get to sew and /or stitch. Maybe it will relax you a little???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com