Monday, July 4, 2011

Design Wall for 4th of July Monday

Okay it isn't red white and blue, but it is as bright as fireworks, don't you think?



These are the blocks I'm adapting from the Jaybird pattern, Hugs and Kisses. I made a template for the diamond window and I really like the way it looks. The fabric is a sky one with the silhouette of birds but from a distance it looks a bit like water. Either way is fine with me.

Going through my strips I love rediscovering fabrics I've forgotten I had. This one cracks me up -



it is an old KP Kids fabric - pigs all dressed up! I have a rather abnormal love of fabrics that have animals in clothes. I blame it on my Catholic upbringing which gave me an exaggerated sense of modesty - LOL!

I hope to spend the rest of my afternoon knitting and stitching and watching a marathon of the BBC program Top Gear - so funny!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

6 comments:

  1. Love your fireworks quilt! And finding oldies in yoru quilt means, you are using your stash or leftovers - good for you.
    Just saw: congrats on 100 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think fireworks is a great name for this fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great. We are watching some Top Gear as well today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like fireworks...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely bright and fun with all those colors!

    Cracking up at the animals in clothes/modesty statement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy, happy quilt! I just love how this is coming along-and the fabrics are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com