I didn't get as much time to sew last week as I had hoped but I did get a little done and added the blocks between the hens.
Now I started with a Hens and Chickens block but it didn't have that square in the middle and the block really needed that in my opinion. There were only 6 of these blocks but they took a lot of time, not because they are hard to piece but because I had to cut each block twice.
The first time I cut all the pieces too big and I cut some background pieces I didn't even need. Sheesh! I have no idea what chart I was looking at. So then I worked on salvaging them by shaving off a little on each piece which probably took longer than re-cutting them.
I'm real happy with how they look. They are smaller than the chicken blocks. I'm either going to float them in the space or add nesting boxes under the hens and spacers underneath. I need to cut some fabrics and try out different settings. And then there is the question of what to use in the border. I want to have fried eggs framing the girls but I haven't decided if I want to do snowball block type fried eggs like the quilt in my header. Or do I want to do free-form appliqued fried eggs. And then there is the decision of what fabric to use as the background for the fried eggs. All questions that I will ponder this week.
Hope your week has lots of quality sewing time!