Saturday, May 19, 2012

Thoughts about BQF and quilting and Quilt Market

Have you been over to Amy's blog to see the wonderful entries in the Spring edition of the Bloggers' Quilt Festival? Go and take a look, no no wait, if you go look you'll be gone for hours and I really can't wait around, I have errands to do.

Well. that what the problem is with BQF. Yesterday I said I was going to look at every quilt and as of this moment I have been to over 300 blogs. I have seen so many amazing quilts. I've made a list of at least 20 quilt ideas I want to try and I even went to Joanns last night and bought a new quilt book for one of the quilts I want to make - NOW!

My thought process was that if I started looking at the quilt entries on the first day I would be able to keep up with my reading. However I kinda feel like Lucy and Ethel in the candy factory. Do you remember that episode?


I am blown away by the number of quilters who share their creations in the BQF. As someone who has been quilting for over 25 years, it makes me so happy to see how many young woman are quilting. Its validation that the stereotypical quilter isn't an old lady. Quilting is a living creative art form. I love how you can make a quilt and it is beautiful and practical. You can paint a pretty picture, but it can't keep you warm on a cold winter's night. Quilting is therapy. It makes you feel better about what's happening in your life. It can help you celebrate life's accomplishments and comfort you in times of disappointment. I am so happy that I'm a quilter!

Now go look at the Bloggers' Quilt Festival - you are going to have a wonderful time!

BREAKING NEWS:

OH OH - I just found this stash of pictures from Quilt Market. It is from Fat Quarter Shop's Facebook page - click here.

Well that should keep you busy for quite a while!


Gotta go get my errands done!

carol fun


4 comments:

  1. I'm like you. I thought if I started the first day, I could keep up, but not a chance! So much inspiration - I feel like a kid in a candy store. It'll take me weeks to get through them all! Still, I too am excited to see how many quilters come out of the woodwork and share their quilts! I haven't been quilting very long, but it does seem that there has been a resurgence when it comes to quilting. I sure do hope we get to quilt in heavan because I'll never get it all done in this lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AS of now there are 386 entries... I'm so behind with my blog reading (which was on 0 just a few days ago!) that I can barely go under 400 unread blogs. BUT every single one I'm reading is about the BQF:) So I don't feel that bad that there's just no way I can get to everyone's blog today. I feel like I've been on the computer since I got up at 6:30 AM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pacing myself with the BQF....a few at a time so I can really enjoy them. Your lovely yellow baskets shone and I popped over....This is the third time I've been here in a couple of days. I've been reading your old posts. Love the chooks, your sense of humour, all the yellow, the coleslaw quilt and your kindness towards your friend when you cut the fabric up for her when she couldn't. You have a new fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purposely did not click on that 'cause I knew I'd be sucked right up. Which is why I've been to Pinterest only once.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com