Well I did get a little sewing time and I worked on getting the body of this quilt together. There was a LOT of finagaling and fussing and fudging to get those side triangles the way I wanted. Perhaps a better grounding in math might have helped, but since that train left years ago I had to go with the "cut'em big and trim 'em down approach".
I'm very happy with the girls. They are looking fat and sassy. And I even got some egg production from them.
I went with the simple snowball block version and I hand cut the yolks which will insure than no two will be identical. Right now I'm thinking I'll have a smattering of fried eggs around the upper left and lower right corners. I have to keep the size of the borders in check since this quilt is pushing the boundaries of how big it can be and still fit on the wall in my kitchen. I probably should have given size a bit more thought when I started but it is waaaaaayyy too late now. It is what it is.
Oh I love the yellow I found for the border. I got it at Fabric Shack from a line called Goofy Geckos.A perfect shade of yellow with random red, lime green and orange dots. I think the orange dots kinda look like fried eggs or eyeballs - hmmmmm.... I do have issues we aren't going to discuss today. Anyway I saw the fabric online and drove up to Fabric Shack - its about a 35 minute drive - and as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one.
So this quilt is in the final stages which means I can not wait to start something new. I've gotten tons of new ideas from the Bloggers' Quilt Festival. (Oh I am totally behind on my blog reading. I had the best of intentions, but you know the saying.) And there are several already started projects languishing in their hermetically sealed plastic bins that could possible see the light of day. Don't know which way to go yet. I'll figure out something.
Hope you have time to sew this week!