Friday, May 21, 2010

The start of something new...

Hello out there in blogland…. I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while and I finally got the kick in the butt that I needed to start a blog of my own. I hope to share bits and pieces of all the crafty stuff I love to do – quilting, knitting, crocheting, cross stitching, rubber stamping, jewelry making, etc, etc etc. My friends will tell you that I have an ADHD personality where crafty things are involved. I am easily distracted by the newest shiny thing….. oh there goes a chicken….. so I need lots of fun projects to keep me happy and quasi sane ( although the state of my mental health is also open to debate ). Anyway I hope you enjoy what I share here today and in the future.




So what’s with the name of this blog and the quilt shown here?? Well I am head over heels in love with all things polka dot and I’m pretty taken with chickens too. I have a collection of polka dot chickens that I display in my family room ( yes I know it isn’t your typical décor, but it makes me HAPPY!!). When I first started collecting polka dot chickens I thought they’d be rare enough to keep my overactive collecting mania in check but I was wrong and now I have a whole flock of them.



Also having the polka dot chickens helps with the fact that my homeowners association frowns on having real chickens- party poopers!! This isn’t the only chicken quilt I’ve made ( I know I know there is something not right about this) and I’m working on another one right now for my kitchen. I’ll show you that one when it is a bit further along, right now I only have 3 chickens made.

Have a great day...

carol fun

3 comments:

  1. Cool blog. Now wehn you're ignoring me becaue you might let the cat out of the bag I can keep up on you anyway! Yes, I'm just as insane as you are girlfriend! Keep up the good work, the world will love you! Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! Love the polka dotted chickens and love,love having you as a friend. :) I'm so happy and excited that you decided to do this...it's about time you share that talent you have oozing out of every fiber of your being with the world. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you blog banner and cute quilt. I absolutely LOVE all things polka dot too. They're a staple in most of my projects. Have fun with your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com