Friday, November 19, 2010

One little thing leads to.....

another and another and another. It started with my latest knitting project, another 22.5 Degree shawlette done in Chirapa yarn by Mirasol Peru. I love all the colors in it but when I got to the scallops at the edge I envisioned them in a solid color, like this....


ooohhh, aaaaahhh! A lovely pea greeny, tart appley green color that I think adds just the right finish. Kinda like rick rack and I LOVE LOVE LOVE rickrack. So off I went to my LYS in search of this magical green color because my rather healthy stash of yarn doesn't contain this beauty. Here is how it looks in all its glory. Sorry no shot of it around my neck and featuring my flabby white arms. I'm the only one here right now.



When I found this green I snapped up one ball - hmmmm....Lana Gatto VIP, 80% wool and 20% cashmere. Very very soft. Well I knew that I wouldn't need an entire ball to do the edging, therefore I'd have a nice amount left over, but not enough to make another shawl. So using this incredibly brilliant logic (hey you don't need to point out the holes in this analysis big enough to drive a semi-truck through. I see them I just choose to ignore them. - LOL) Anyway I bought 2 balls, now I have about 410 yds plenty to do another shawlette, but which one? After spending an enormous amount of time on Ravelry I found this one - A Leafy Hug Shawl. Won't this be gorgeous in this yarn?? (Nod your head up and down, up and down --very good.) So here is my start on this....



I didn't get to far but it is a good start. But then I was sidetracked by a phone call from my friend Linda. She had finished her Holden Shawlette and wondered if I had finished mine. Ummmm... no, not yet. In fact I hadn't cast on and while Linda does not care one way or the other I felt an obligation (boy this stuff is really getting deep here - LOL) to start mine. So I did....



This is Pagewood Farms Denali in the Prism colorway. It is Merino Superwash and Nylon. It has a lovely drape and the purples range from plum to lilac. I think it will be lovely and I think there will be a lot of knitting in my weekend. I hope that you have time to play too.

Happy stitching-
carol fun

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty! That green yarn is just yummy! Of course you had to buy two balls of it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawlette is gorgeous and that edging is fabulous! Happy Knitting with that yummy yarn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com