Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Goodies from the IQA show

I had a great time at the International Quilt Show in Cincinnati, Ohio last weekend. There were so many wonderful vendors and the quilts were colorful. The display of Baltimore Album quilts was exquisite. I will never ever make anything that elaborate but I do love looking at them. I did patronize several vendors and came home with some wonderful goodies. This group of fabrics shows how diverse my tastes are.



Those fat quarters are from Elizabeth Scott's line, Red Rose Farm. The wools are all plaids and I love that they are dyed bright colors. I have some plans to use the wools with some Lori Smith patterns. To accompany my fabric purchases I also bought a new magazine and a book.



The magazine Primitive Quilts has lots of great projects. The new book by Edyta Sitar, Friendship Strips and Scraps features some beautiful quilts that pair batiks with plaids and other printed fabrics and the effect is fabulous. And to aid in making precision blocks I got these new ruler/trimmer guides.




These are from Deb Tucker who puts on a dynamite demo. The one helps create accurate half and quarter square triangle blocks and the other does flying geese units and both measure numerous sized units. I think these are just the ticket for a couple of the patterns I snagged.



Can you tell I like star blocks? And I have such a soft spot for snowmen quilts. I think this one is adorable. So you can see I had quite a bit of fun and I can't wait to play with my new goodies. I worked last night on the top I showed Monday, Fast Forward by Jaybird Quilts, and it is coming together great. I have all the blocks sewn and I started to put the rows together. I will be making this pattern again. I've got a bigger one planned using lots of my brights and novelty fabrics.

Hope your week is going well. The weekend is in sight!
Happy stitching!
carol fun

5 comments:

  1. Fun goodies...that wool is gorgeous. Keep us posted on your new rulers please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your goodies and glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time and found a few things that had to come home with you. ;) I love that snowman quilt too! That's one of the cuter ones I have seen. Can't wait to see pictures of it when you get it done. Love the star quilts too...SO pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did pick up some nice goodies at the show. I will be looking forward to seeing all your new creations. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've met Elizabeth and she's as sweet as her fabrics! I love those patterns, especially the one on the left. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com