All 36 of the 36 patch blocks are done!!! That makes 1,296 squares sewn together! I've used a total of 54 different Kaffe Fasset/Phillip Jacobs/Brandon Mably fabrics in this design. Those guys really know their fabric!
Ignore the extraneous junk in this shot, I had to get really far back to get all of the blocks in the picture. Now there will probably be some tweaking of which block goes where but not much.
Of the last batch of blocks these are my favorites....
I really like the mix of the aboriginal dot fabric (looks like half of a deviled egg to me) and the large scale prints. I think that deep blue sashing with the pop of golden yellow is really going to make this a technicolor creation.
And I even got ambitious and picked up all the fabric that was strewn on the floor and whacked off some 1 1/2" stripes from all of them. Don't they look pretty??
I have another Kaffe/Phillip/Brandon project planned. A strippy quilt block design with some black and white prints added in. I love projects like this. I've made several log cabin and pineapple block quilts with strips -that mindless sewing of pretty fabrics just makes me happy! Check back to see what progress I make on this one, because.....
there is another quilt I want to dive into. The Scrap Jar blocks - the tutorial is here. Karin of Livin' Life at the End of a Dirt Road and Darlene of Quilting Daze and Staci at The Confused Quilter have all been working on this one and I can't wait to start one for me. I decided on my color scheme and now I need to dislodge a bunch of fabric from my shelves and get to cutting squares - lots of squares- but I know it is going to make a fun quilt.
So there is some driving time needed for today's activities and maybe I can squeeze in some sewing time too. Keeping my fingers crossed.