First -a heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who stopped by to wish me a Happy New Year. I hope that all of you are off to a productive start for 2013. So, we are one week into the new year and I'm hoping that this week will start a routine I can get in to. My youngest resumes his college classes today, his volunteer job starts back up tomorrow and the rest of the week should fall into place for my chauffeuring duties.
I've bounced about from project to project the last 2 weeks and ended up working on this top.
As you can plainly see these aren't my usual colors, because this quilt will be a birthday present for my brother. All of the fabric is flannel and all the plaids came from a well aged stash I had in the storage room. It has been about 8 years since I cracked open this container and there is a lot of plaid in this box. The star measures about 66 inches square and I need to add a couple of inches of the black flannel to make it a bit bigger.
This is a close up of the 8 plaids I used.
My brother has a large wardrobe of plaid flannel shirts so I think he'll like these fabrics. I have plans to make the back for this quilt out of more of the plaids in the box and maybe give it a two-sided look.
And I've come up with a list of things I'd like to attend to this month.
1. Finish this quilt for my brother by the 25th - his birthday. I'm going to do some very simple quilting to get it done in time.
2. Finish up the Fig Tree Marigolds quilt that is still on my design wall. You can see where I left it here.
3. I really really really want to play with the latest design that is sweeping the blogosphere - the Scrappy Trip block. You can check out the Flickr group here.
4. I want to play along with Terry at Terry's Treasures. She's doing a SAL with the Wiggly Whimsey pattern from Moda Bake Shop. You can see it here. The pattern is done with a charm pack but I plan on fussy cutting some 2 1/2" squares from my novelty stash. And I'm considering using a tone on tone yellow for the background. This should be lots of fun.
5. New pajamas for me!! Last winter I purchased several multi-yardage cuts of fun flannels to make some pj's for me but I never got around to them. With temperatures in the teens at night these were sure come in handy.
Now all of these will probably take longer than I anticipate but I'm hoping that a list will keep me focused since I suffered from a rather severe case so quilter's ADHD.... oh there is something shiny!! LOL
Hope your week is off to a great start ....