Monday, March 26, 2012

One big block and 25 little blocks for Design Wall Monday

I sewed Friday night, Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning- that made for a great weekend and some real productivity. I was able to put together my Made in Cherry. I really like this BIG star style. Mine came out to be about 80" square. I think I'll add a small outside border using the same background fabric and float it.



I used around 36 different fabrics. I will say that when it was up on the design wall the fabric looked a bit more mixed up, but as long as 2 of the same fabrics didn't end up next to each other I'm okay with that. I think I'll finish it off with a scrappy yellow binding. Which now that I think about it I should have cut strips when I still had all the fabrics out in a heap on the floor. I knew there was a reason I shouldn't clean up. See neatness doesn't always help - LOL!



And I got my T blocks sewn up for this month's Schnibble, Bibelot. Thelma at Cupcakes and Daisies has been lobbying to have the name of this pattern changed to "T stands for Thelma" I like that idea.



I still need to add the sashing and borders. I'm only doing 25 blocks since I just want a little topper. I stitched mine up from my stash of novelty fabrics and it has a theme. Can you figure it out?



Okay its back to the real world. Youngest son has classes and his volunteer job today so I'll be driving a bit. Have you seen the price of gas? $3.99/gal here in Ohio, it is crazy. And it makes me feel old because I remember gas for .25/gal when I first got my drivers license at 16. Yes, there were dinosaurs grazing next to the pumps - LOL!

Happy stitching-
carol fun

10 comments:

  1. Bibelot looks cute! I used halloween fabric for mine; just need to finish up. Our gas is 'only' $3.79! Cheaper in the big city $3.66, but the car was full when we were there yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty yellows! I agree, cleaning up can be unhelpful in the middle of a project :)

    Love your themed T...I see trains, tools, tigers, and turkeys? or Thanksgiving. Cute!

    Gas here is at least $4.30. We Californians always have to be at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Great star, yellow is my favorite color. Your Schnibble is looking good,too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And 'T' is for Today!!!!
    I like how you used the novelty fabrics, cute!!!!
    I got mine done today===
    and I made mine smaller too-and I just someone else's post and she made her's even smaller--we are all a bit 'short' this month!!!!!!
    Hugs,Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your made in cherry, like a big sunny star :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The novelty fabrics are such fun. Once I cleaned up after a quilt to was finished -- donated leftover fabrics to a friend to make charity quilts. Turns out in my neatness I also donated the fabric meant for the binding. So no, neatness isn't always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects and too funny about the grazing dinosaurs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful star quilt! I love the different yellow print fabrics that make it up. Don't feel bad about the gas prices. $3.99 is awesome compared to our $4.50 a gallon. I hope it goes down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your T is for ..... is a cute idea. I really like yours. You can't be too old, because I remember when gas was .25/gallon too. Wasn't that last year??? :)And those were not dinasours - just big dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com