Friday, June 8, 2012

On the needles

Okay technically this is off the needles, but then when have you ever known me to follow the directions?? However, this is still in its unblocked state and I'm expecting a whole lot out of it when I get around to blocking it.


The shawl is Charlize which I found here on Ravelry.



I'm not certain exactly which combination of sizes of lace part and edging part I chose to knit. What I do remember is that this lace pattern while not technically difficult drove me CRAZY! I couldn't "read" it at all. I did lots of counting and recounting and recounting what I had recounted. And while I like this shawl/scarf I will NEVER knit another one like it. I don't think the results were worth the effort - does that make sense? For something I slaved over I wanted it to be a "WOW" and it is just a "nice".

Now I do like that row of eyelets before the edging. In retrospect I kinda wished I had knitted that part in a contrasting color. It might have elevated this project.



The yarn is Malabrigo and the colorway is Turner, a lovely mottled olive and very very soft. I need to have a blocking day here soon. I have another little scarf that needs attention and I'm almost done with my Whippoorwill shawl. Check back next week.

Thanks Judy for starting this link-up. Design Wall Monday always gives me the kick in the butt I need to be productive on the quilting front and hopefully this will do the same for me in knitting.

Well, it is heating up here in southern Ohio -gonna be 90 by Sunday. Think I'll be hibernating in the AC doing a little knitting, a little cross stitch and a little sewing. Have a great weekend!

carol fun

10 comments:

  1. That first photo looks like a big mustache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour of the yarn. I was needing an nano-nudge to try Malabrigo yarn. ;) You may love it when it is blocked. I do know what you mean, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really pretty. I am working on my third-ever knitting project, which is also a shawl. But, I keep messing it up! I like things to look perfect so it is a real learning experience for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love shawls and I have 2 on the needles now and am going to a knit class tomorrow to start a 3rd one--no comment!!!!
    I do like the one you did and like someone else said--you may be surprised when it is finally blocked!! As for the Whippoorwill one I have looked at it--so be sure to keep us informed as to how it is going--thanks!!!
    Hugs, Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree...it's going to be great weather to stay inside and sew! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh blogger just ate my comment. I'll try this again:

    Your shawl is lovely. I love the color. Once you block it I know it will get a lot bigger. It's really very pretty.

    Wow, you quilt, cross stitch, knit...is there nothing you can't do?

    You are so very talented. :)

    Blessings always

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, what Cindy said. A BIG mustache. Looks cozy and sure not to look so mustachy after blocking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol, that looks amazing!! I don't know that I would ever tackle something that involved. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colour and looking forward to seeing it again after you've blocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color of the yarn. I'm basically a sock knitter but I am now working on my 2nd shawl, that pattern is on my to-do list, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com