Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sampler Sunday and my painting project


Here is another BBD piece -- I do love their style! This one is Summer House. It is Loose Feathers #14 and of course I didn't fall in love with it until it became OOP and very very hard to get. I bid on it on ebay several times and when the price got to be stratospheric I dropped out. Then one Sunday morning I checked on ebay and there it was and the auction was going to be over in 2 hours and it only had one bid! So I jumped in and placed a bid and even set a higher limit if needed but no one ever came back to counter - yippee!! It was mine and I didn't have to pay a fortune for the graph. Since I'm not a real patient person I am surprised that I held out and finally snagged this graph.



My favorite parts of this piece are the house with the 3 hearts, the two bluebirds and the ginormous tulip on the roof. Now that it a big flower! Kinda like my garden at the moment. With all our rain and hot days it is a jungle out there. Anyway this stitched up quickly and I only made minor floss changes- I used a pinky peachy hand dyed floss for the alphabet and the flowers - very summery!


And here is my painting project - I used spray paint to change these ugly metal baskets to a pretty "bermuda" blue (Krylon's name for it). I found the silk flowers and greenery in my storage room (oh its a jungle in there too). A nice update for my front doors.







Not much sewing got done today - a couple of 9 patch blocks for Cherry Salsa. I'm thinking about a different border for the Charming Chatter QAL but haven't made any decision yet. Off to park my butt in my recliner and do some cross stitching for the evening.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. They really make my day!

Happy stitching!

carol fun

3 comments:

  1. Summer House is really lovely! Congrats on acquiring it :)

    Love your blue tin baskets, they make a very pretty welcome on your doors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer House is just gorgeous and your tins are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Summer House. Perfect for this time of year. And I really love your tin baskets too. So cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com