Wednesday, June 1, 2011

He's good company....



but not real helpful when you are trying to do machine quilting. Big Dude has kept me company the last several days as I've been chained to my sewing machine. However, a 100 square inch quilt already weighs plenty without the addition of a hefty feline.

It has taken me much longer than I thought to get this quilted (but I haven't really put nearly enough thought into this quilt.) I have ALL the butterflies quilted. I just did a wonky zig zag in the wings and stitched in the ditch (sort of - my in the ditch wanders a bit) around the body and the outside of the block.



Now I have to come up with something to put in the border. This is what it looks like. (the picture is before pin basting and quilting)



There is a 6 inch border between the center and the outside border. I'm probably going to do some sort of zig zag here too. Just larger and a bit more controlled. Doing all this machine quilting has given me lots of time to think and some of my thoughts include - this quilt is BIG, there are at least a dozen other projects I want to work on, this quilt is very BIG, I really wish I'd entered this in a different category and gotten my long arm quilter to do this, this quilt is very very BIG, and I am never going to quilt a project this big again! So now I've given this quilt plenty of thought my head hurts along with my arms, back and shoulders,

Don't forget about my bloganniversary giveaways I posted on Sunday. I've heard that if you are having trouble posting with Blogger, if when you sign in you don't check the "keep me signed in" box that somehow helps. I don't understand it but then there isn't much about Blogger I do understand. Anyway if you can't post to the Sunday entry just send me an email - several people have. I will put all the entries into the giveaways. Okay off to take some advil before bed -

Happy stitching-
carol fun

6 comments:

  1. Love your quilt!! Big Dude certainly looks comfy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks great...what a huge job! Big Dude is just comfy cozy there...do you really need to move the this quilt mom??? Too funny...they always need to be right in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun companion.... You are coming along so quickly on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is looking fabulous and your assistant is very handsome too. Those big quilts are really tough to quilt on a regular machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're braver than me to quilt something that big! Nice you had some help too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once did a BIG quilt on my regular sewing machine and vowed NEVER again. Interesting how a quilt has to be entered as a "team" quilt if someone else quilts it! Your butterflies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com