Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot off the grill

Boy is it hot today! I know it was just the other day I was grumbling about how wet, gray and cold it was - in typical Midwest weather fashion it has instantly turned to hazy, hot and humid. I did get a couple of things done though. First - my Zombie BBQ socks in the RPM pattern.





Don't those raised parts look like grill marks? Love this yarn and the pattern and I will use both again. Also, I am pondering the absurdity of finishing wool socks on a day where the heat index is over 100 degrees. Oh well I'm ahead on my winter knitting -right?

The Wonky Butterfly quilt is winging its way to Columbus. Boy I'm happy to have that project finished. And the giveaway winners' prizes are being mailed today. I wanted to add a little something extra and picked up the extras last night.

At my quilt guild meeting Monday night the speaker was "the gadget lady" - unfortunately my little pea brain has already forgotten her name - sheesh. But anyway she brought lots of goodies for us to purchase and I snagged this new Jaybird quilt pattern titled Hugs and Kisses.



and here are some of the blocks I've made. Instead of using just 3 strips 2 1/2 inches wide. I sewed together several strips of different widths.



These strips are leftovers from several log cabin and pineapple block quilts I've done using novelty and bright fabrics. I figure this can be another almost free quilt using fabrics I already own. I haven't decided on the background fabric that will fill the diamonds, maybe something white with lots of colored dots or speckles.

Well I'm going to hunker down in my basement sewing room where the temps are cool and the sewing machine will be hot - happy stitching!

carol fun

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carol....love the socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute socks...looks like you won't be wearing them for a while, but you'll be well-prepared when the weather cools down again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun socks! It may seem hot for socks but the BBQ is appropriate :-) I love the quilt you are working on....what a fun pattern and a great idea to use leftovers. White or cream with colored dots would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks. I love socks!!!

    This is my first visit and I've quite enjoyed it!!! Got your link from Terry's post re: her winnings. What a great give-away. A pleasure to meet you. Happy quilting and knitting and stitching. *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I really enjoy reading your comments. They make my day!
If Google won't let you leave a comment feel free to email me at cfunliu@aol.com